Lizard Squad lashes out after Daybreak Games CEO threatens cyberattacker group

Sure, let's not annoy the bullies because they might do something to us. We should totally kiss the bullies asses. Yeah that's the best policy. /s

Well it's Obama's policy toward the Muslim terrorists and look what a rousing success that's been.

Oh wait.

Smedly should have been fired for allowing GoD to be released. This is 10 years overdue.

It is funny all the smedly hate when he helped bring you the game that 15 years later you still enjoy.

It is funny all the smedly hate when he helped bring you the game that 15 years later you still enjoy.

See this is where I am very torn about this.

Back in the day Brad would of been called the brains behind EverQuest, but based on his track record after EverQuest, maybe he wasn't. I think Brad had amazing ideas, he just struggled with finances and staff management, where maybe this is where Smedly excelled in. Smedly left Brad and Jeff to do what they do best, design/implement ideas, where he did what he was good at, managing staff/finances. Though all of this is very near sighted as there would of been some amazing staff members on original EQ team.

Smedly shut down the EQMac server with zero options given to the community which has upset me the most about his desicion making lately. Hes also helped turned EverQuest into a game that is barely recognizable to the original "vision" with no real option to play the eras that made EQ amazing to the majority of past customers. Smedly has been out of touch with EQ for such a long time, I really hope the new CEO can see the potential of classic EQ and do something proper like Runescape old school has done.

See this is where I am very torn about this.

Back in the day Brad would of been called the brains behind EverQuest, but based on his track record after EverQuest, maybe he wasn't. I think Brad had amazing ideas, he just struggled with finances and staff management, where maybe this is where Smedly excelled in. Smedly left Brad and Jeff to do what they do best, design/implement ideas, where he did what he was good at, managing staff/finances. Though all of this is very near sighted as there would of been some amazing staff members on original EQ team.

Smedly shut down the EQMac server with zero options given to the community which has upset me the most about his desicion making lately. Hes also helped turned EverQuest into a game that is barely recognizable to the original "vision" with no real option to play the eras that made EQ amazing to the majority of past customers. Smedly has been out of touch with EQ for such a long time, I really hope the new CEO can see the potential of classic EQ and do something proper like Runescape old school has done.

He still keep the game going while more then a few crashed and went away. May not have been directly him but they did make it through some low patches and re breathed a breath into the game.

I personally don't care for the f2p/pay2lookcool model. But I grew up when we actually received things for our cash.

No game is the same 15 years later the vision changes based on your customers. If EQ were anything like it was in classic still it would not exist today. Most don't have time for it.

Sure, let's not annoy the bullies because they might do something to us. We should totally kiss the bullies asses. Yeah that's the best policy. /s

Well it's Obama's policy toward the Muslim terrorists and look what a rousing success that's been.

Oh wait.

Dude, I even put in the /s to indicate I was being sarcastic.

William12 said:
No game is the same 15 years later the vision changes based on your customers. If EQ were anything like it was in classic still it would not exist today. Most don't have time for it.

Didn't some fool just try and organize a boycott because he wants easier raiding or something in TLP? Case in point.

Oh wait.

William12 said:

Didn't some fool just try and organize a boycott because he wants easier raiding or something in TLP? Case in point.

And that's why they have different servers... For example, Ragefire is the fast progression server and Lockjaw is the slower of the 2... To accommodate those who are short on time... It's a sound plan if you ask me. I just wish the progression server used the true mechanics of the original game as well, without krono mixed into the economy, blowing up all the prices of all the items in auction...

Last edited:

Oh wait.

William12 said:

Most TLP players play on live and are just bored. See how dead them servers will be the 1st day new content is out. Not sure what boycotting EQ has to do with my reply though.

That was expected to come. He dug his own grave when he started putting out his personal feelings about them which in turn hurt the company he works for. Just because you say on your twitter or facebook that your actions don't reflect on the company, it still doesn't make a difference.