Lizard Squad lashes out after Daybreak Games CEO threatens cyberattacker group

Marnan

Lifetimer
Reaction score
<JimJohnson> John SmedleyVerified account
<JimJohnson> ‏@j_smedley @VinnieXiX you'll get your day in court too. I hope your prison cellmate likes you a lot.
<JimJohnson> mean that?

https://twitter.com/LizardLands

servers are back up but unplayable when I got on. Took 5 minutes to get a /who list

I bet sony is glad they are not on the same network as them anymore. This would of brought down PSN also.

I can't even log in. One of my system has a dialogue saying "Installing updates" for Launchpad Shell but it's crawling v e r y v e r y s l o w l y.....

I can't even log in. One of my system has a dialogue saying "Installing updates" for Launchpad Shell but it's crawling v e r y v e r y s l o w l y.....

I got on with one toon, but couldn't accomplish anything. Spells took ten seconds to cast. When I tried to bring another toon on line, I got the Launchpad Shell updating message. Now the toon I had online was disconnected. Too bad, this was my day off and I was having fun this morning.

Well, the DDOS attack may or may not be easing up. I was finally able to log on. Lag is horrible. Basically the game is unplayable, but I am chatting with a few people. Like 5 people in the POK lag pile and four members of my huge guild online. I'm gonna AFK in POK and wake up tomorrow to see if it the game is playable again.

What a fuckwit for pissing them off. I bet the dickhead doesn't even play any of the games his stupid actions affect.

Everquest seems back for now. I logged on my crew and finished off some progression shit I was doing when this hit.

I think I'm going to send some death threats to ISIS, because you know, they hurt my feelings. What's the worst they could do?

Him taunting them DOES seem pretty stupid. But I can't believe how many people are blaming HIM for the DDOS attacks.... who are the ones performing the attacks?

Sounds like they have been harassing him for some time? identity theft etc etc

Poly yeah we know who is doing it. But you know, someone with a gun at your head threatening to shoot you you dont taunt him to do it, yeah?

We all know that lizard squad are a bunch of cunts that will ddos so why piss them off? let the cops/courts deal with it.

Sure, let's not annoy the bullies because they might do something to us. We should totally kiss the bullies asses. Yeah that's the best policy. /s

Poly yeah we know who is doing it. But you know, someone with a gun at your head threatening to shoot you you dont taunt him to do it, yeah?

We all know that lizard squad are a bunch of cunts that will ddos so why piss them off? let the cops/courts deal with it.

you sure as fuck taunt them.

You don't catch someone from the sidelines.

Blaming smed for this is ignorant. None of you would stand for what they have done to him personally if it happen to you.

Blaming smed for this is ignorant. None of you would stand for what they have done to him personally if it happen to you.

None of us would, but I sure as hell wouldn't go after them in a public forum when he is responsible for a whole company with millions of customers, so if we are talking about ignorance start with Smedley first.

His actions effected us all even if the hackers are at fault. You expect a CEO of a company to be more mature and responsible in his public demeanor no matter what has happened to him personally, do you really expect 15 year old hackers to be mature. That sounds more ignorant to me.

That is where the original fault is, sure the hackers are to blame but he's been dumped on by them numerous times in the past, why would you expect anything different from the hackers. Shouldn't he have known better not to provoke them in the first place after multiple ddos attacks by them and personal vendetta against him.

He could have gone after them with govermental agencies legally without public display. He just fueled those immature bastards even more by provoking them in the first place.

Ya sit back and let the bully pick on you and say nothing or do nothing about it. Let them ruin my life I wont say anything for fear of what they will do.

This is what you sound like. Hey you just punched me in the face i wont say anything because im scared of what you will do.

He has no recourse finland will not extradite a citizen who refuses so even if the US Justice department wanted him they could never get him. Smed has no legal recourse here his only hope was the courts in finland would give the proper punishment to this kid and they obviously did not.

And they're not all 15 year olds making excuses for what they're doing because of how old they're is exactly why these clowns should be charged in the US where they will go to big boy jail. The 17 year old who plead guilty to 50k + crimes is not even banned from using the internet. In the US he would never be able to touch a smartphone or computer for rest of his life.

They did this to PSN who do you blame ? They did this to Blizzard whos at fault ? They did it to wildstar whos fault is that ? They do this without provocation so blaming the CEO is absurd. They're not even doing this for anything other then to lol and they said as much. Which is why another group posted all there real names and addresses and pics of where they live.

Last edited:
Ya sit back and let the bully pick on you and say nothing or do nothing about it. Let them ruin my life I wont say anything for fear of what they will do.

This is what you sound like. Hey you just punched me in the face i wont say anything because im scared of what you will do.

He has no recourse finland will not extradite a citizen who refuses so even if the US Justice department wanted him they could never get him. Smed has no legal recourse here his only hope was the courts in finland would give the proper punishment to this kid and they obviously did not.

And they're not all 15 year olds making excuses for what they're doing because of how old they're is exactly why these clowns should be charged in the US where they will go to big boy jail. The 17 year old who plead guilty to 50k + crimes is not even banned from using the internet. In the US he would never be able to touch a smartphone or computer for rest of his life.

They did this to PSN who do you blame ? They did this to Blizzard whos at fault ? They did it to wildstar whos fault is that ? They do this without provocation so blaming the CEO is absurd. They're not even doing this for anything other then to lol and they said as much. Which is why another group posted all there real names and addresses and pics of where they live.

Lol, I never said sit back, I said go after them without public display or in other words more discretely.

The difference is if it effects you William12 and you speak out it doesn't mean shit cause you are not responsible for a company or millions of customers. You don't impact many people from your actions of being vocal. You have very little power to gain or loose.

Smedley's comments impact more than just him or a couple hundred people, it impacts millions... And he really should know better..after whats happened to him, how else did you expect these kids to react.

They may not be all 15 year olds and they may not be in all in Finland, but you can't expect these hackers to be very old or mature. You expect a CEO too be more mature no matter what his personal issues are with them and be more discrete in his public demeanor.

Smedley sure as hell could look into finding out who they are with the aid of the FBI or justice department and pursue legal action against them, sure there are some loop holes that got missed.

These clowns did the same thing to other companies without being provoked whats your excuse for that ? you're making an excuse for there actions by blaming him for what he said. If i call someone stupid and they shoot me is it my fault they shot me ?

He shouldn't of said it on twitter but to blame him for there actions is absurd.

Last edited: