Lizard Squad lashes out after Daybreak Games CEO threatens cyberattacker group

These clowns did the same thing to other companies without being provoked whats your excuse for that ? you're making an excuse for there actions by blaming him for what he said. If i call someone stupid and they shoot me is it my fault they shot me ?

He shouldn't of said it on twitter but to blame him for there actions is absurd.

Do you think the game would have been attacked last night and today had Smedley not posted that shit on twitter?

These clowns did the same thing to other companies without being provoked whats your excuse for that ? you're making an excuse for there actions by blaming him for what he said. If i call someone stupid and they shoot me is it my fault they shot me ?

He shouldn't of said it on twitter but to blame him for there actions is absurd.

Do you think the game would have been attacked last night and today had Smedley not posted that shit on twitter?

Eventually ? Yes they did this to other games without being provoked the 1st time they did it to SOE they were not provoked. They're not doing this for an agenda they're doing it for the lolz. They do it because they can no other reason.

You just solidified my argument. Smedley knew that before his remarks the last few days, these hackers have been on a personal vendetta against him before the last few days, yet he still engaged with them publicly.

If you or I provoke them publicly it has little repercussions to a majority of people, but when Smedley does it it has repercussions for more than a handful of people.

I will say one thing, watching this stuff unfold on their twitter page is more fun than sitting in the guild hall with nothing to do because we have no new content.

Sure, let's not annoy the bullies because they might do something to us. We should totally kiss the bullies asses. Yeah that's the best policy. /s

So how'd it work for Smed? went real well right.....

You don't need to be nice to these fuckers you just keep your mouth shut and let the authorities deal with it. Otherwise you just cause more trouble for yourself and your business/customers.

Sure, let's not annoy the bullies because they might do something to us. We should totally kiss the bullies asses. Yeah that's the best policy. /s

So how'd it work for Smed? went real well right.....

You don't need to be nice to these fuckers you just keep your mouth shut and let the authorities deal with it. Otherwise you just cause more trouble for yourself and your business/customers.

If one has no ego, one does not become the CEO of a multi-million dollar company. These fuckers attacked Smed personally, went after his family, and threatened not just him but over a hundred innocents. He feels personally about this, which is completely understandable.

This is no different than you telling your son to not fight back against the bully at school because the school officials will do something about it, eventually, any day now.
"Oh no, he might try to take you milk money again tomorrow if you say something to a teacher, so you better not say anything."
Except, the bully will choose to act no matter what you do. Giving in to bullies is never the right answer. If we did that in international politics, Europe would be under Nazi control to this day. You don't give in to bullies, keep your mouth shut, and do what they want. You resist, you fight back, you defend yourself and those you care about and have sworn to protect.

Doing what you want is the cowards way. Good luck with that.

People have a right to speak out when they're hurt. Doesn't make it the wisest decision in the world. In any event, any ill will I have is directed at the script-kids behind the Lizard Squad. To the extent John Smedley owes anyone an apology, it's to his customers and not the Lizard Squad and he seems to have done that,

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley 26m26 minutes ago

And sorry to say more DDOS. I apologize for the issues we are having. I have to own pissing them off and I'm sorry.

11 retweets 45 favorites

https://twitter.com/j_smedley

Very interesting news. I doubt he stepped down as punishment for making bad decisions. I'm sure he stepped down to take a target off his back. I think the crap hes been through lately would be enough for me to want to take a pay cut and step out of the lime light for my family's sake.

Now is this a good thing or bad thing for EverQuest? Who knows....I feel John has been at the helm way too long. Let's see what new blood as CEO does.

Hes still with the company hes just taking a break a needed break.

Daybreak Games confirms that John Smedley will be taking some time off from the company for the near-term and transitioning to a different role to be determined. Upon finalization of his plans, further communication will be provided.

yesitis2.gif

Last edited:
Hes still with the company hes just taking a break a needed break.

He's gone.

No hes not the release even said he will be back in a different role. People can think they only say that as PR but its not PR. It would cost them too much to get rid of him.

Yeah, the PR makes it sound like he will be back, but Smed's own words kind of paint a different picture. http://i60.tinypic.com/hwd28m.png

Edit: Upload picture thing here doesn't work, had to upload it to tinypic

Last edited: