Live MQ2 Release For Expansion Status

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Hey MMOBugs,

EQmule pulled an all nighter and got source up fast which I have to give major props to as it was no easy feat due to changes. If you haven't already, please consider sending EQMule a Donation for the work that went into fixing test server so he had a jump on this expansion changes, lack of sleep, calling off from work, and just the overall unbelievable expansion update time.

I have his changes merged in to our release, along with some of our side of work done. I had planned to stay up with him and get ours up fast too but there are a few problems that need fixing on our end, along with wanting to do a proper check with making sure everything is safe and as correct as it can be before we do our release.

I don't want to give an estimate as I'll be then held to that time frame, but I'm about to head to bed so I'm guessing it will be at least another 8 hours (It's currently 4:30am here). We will get it up as soon as we can. Just remember this is an expansion patch that normally means at least four days of downtime, which unless SoE does some eqgame.exe patching, you wont have anywhere near that downtime this time around.

Thanks for the continued support, I apologize for the downtime.

Donation sent. Well Done and very much appreciated!

and to think i was looking forward to some downtime to really get in the grind of a macro project..

Ha bet you dont get too many people complaining by your crazy fast response to a patch like this! lol.

thanks a million gents, macro projects can wait. theres new content to exploit=)