Legit place to buy a WoW account?

Deflator

Reaction score
I haven't played a MMORPG in a long while and I'm getting that itch to pick one back up again and play it for two weeks and quit again. EQ is too hardcore for me, so it's out of the question.

I will not use Playerauctions. Anyone else recommend a good site that vets people well and has a good feedback system? I'm out of the loop on this stuff anymore. I used to be a member of some forum where accounts were traded but for the life of me I can't remember what the name of it was or if it even still exists (or if it was even safe, don't think I ever actually bought anything there.)

I recently bought FFXIV as well, since it was only like $12 with no monthly charge for the first month. I'm level 19 and it's painful so far, not digging it. Tried getting into GW2 again as well...blech. It's so bland, not much to do, and it seems like it's kind of dead.

Thanks!

(Apologies if this question is misplaced in this forum.)

Last edited:
Dunno bout sites to buy WoW accounts, unless some were for sale here. I've been burned too many times by the WoW account sites so I stay clear of them.

If you're looking for an EQ like experience, why not look at some of the EQ EMU servers? I'm not sure if it's still alive but ZippZipp was running a great one. And there are others. Totally FTP. And nowhere near as hardcore as Live EQ. Many have experience mods that make leveling fast and some (like Zipps) have dedicated content that make the progression fun, fast and much simpler than on live.

Of course you could always go FTP on EQ or EQ2 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funny enough, I actually just rejoined MMOBUGS yesterday purely to see if anyone was selling a WoW account. Sadly, they are not. This has always been my favorite place to buy (and then later resell when I got bored) characters.

I see there's a site called Epicnpc mentioned in a couple of threads, but I'm kind of sketchy about it. Edit: Bleh, after reading about it on some websites, that doesn't look like a great place.

I know of an EQ progression emulated server some friends play on, but I dunno. I actually enjoy WoW in spurts because it's so easy to get up and going. Granted I always get bored of it, but nonetheless, that happens with everything. It's worth noting I haven't played in a real guild in EQ since 2003. That was the last time I've ever put any large amount of time in an MMORPG. Pretty much ever since then, I buy accounts to avoid leveling myself and just tinker around at max level.

The sad thing is, I actually already own like three level 90 WoW characters on accounts I owned for years. I can't access them anymore (not the original owner.) I'm locked out of them due to some new security measures battle.net has, says I have to call support since I'm playing from a new computer / IP address or something, and I'd never be able to bullshit them to get access again as I don't have the proper info. I have the secrets and even original names / CC numbers for one of them, but the website won't let me progress any further, says I have to call. Lame!

In hindsight, maybe this is a sign I should actually play my own characters on occasion...

Last edited:
Well.

I ended up actually being able to reactivate an old account.

I'm bored of it already.

MMORPGs just aren't for me, I guess. I did all the new LFRs that came along. I did some PvP. Now I haven't logged on in two days, or care to. So that itch is scratched.

Last edited:
I find myself the same way with WoW. Every 6 months or so I'll get the itch to play again. Make a new character, level it to max, do some LFR's, then 3 weeks after creating it have no desire to play it any longer.

My dude (a level 90 monk) was like ilvl 475, hadn't played in about a year. So I went through all the new LFRs, and timeless isle, and got him up to 490 something without any effort. Then, since I'm not interested in "real" raiding with a guild, there isn't much else to do I'm interested in. The LFRs are quite tedious after you do them once, in my opinion, unless you have some goals in mind and really need the gear to get into a guild or something. PvP is amusing briefly, anyway, but then you realize it's the same shit that's existed for a decade and most people in there don't put much effort in.

WoW is a big disappointment on the PvP spectrum. They really need more than just BG's and arenas. Some kind of fort / castle / RvR thing would be awesome, building infrastructure, things like that. GW2 has this, of course, but it's also dull as shit for the most part.