Layoffs Hit Daybreak

structure optimization

Gotta love the euphemisms employed for firing someone at Xmas...

Wow this was the last thing I expected to happen to Daybreak this year, considering with the whole Russian Oligarch assest seizing scandal back in summer, they laid of about 70-100 employees.

This makes it the 3rd round, with the first being the one when they changed the name from SOE to Daybreak and laid off ~100 employees or was it more than 100 back then?

So that makes about 240 employees in the last several years they have laid off.

How big is this company now lol.

It seems like their skinning down to barebones, probably getting ready to sell it. I'm making that assumption because they were in talks with Intrepid Studios , and rumored to have been in talks with a couple of other gaming studios at the time of the deadline of the Russia Oligarch asset seizing when they laid of 70 or so, this past summer 2018.

A recent post by a developer (Dzarn) on the EQ1 team said they are a team of about 10 (including developers and coders), and they flex in artists at expansion launch from other teams.

Wow this was the last thing I expected to happen to Daybreak this year, considering with the whole Russian Oligarch assest seizing scandal back in summer, they laid of about 70-100 employees.

This makes it the 3rd round, with the first being the one when they changed the name from SOE to Daybreak and laid off ~100 employees or was it more than 100 back then?

It seems like their skinning down to barebones, probably getting ready to sell it. I'm making that assumption because they were in talks with Intrepid Studios , and rumored to have been in talks with a couple of other gaming studios at the time of the deadline of the Russia Oligarch asset seizing when they laid of 70 or so, this past summer 2018.

A recent post by a developer (Dzarn) on the EQ1 team said they are a team of about 10 (including developers and coders), and they flex in artists at expansion launch from other teams.

The art team has worked for every game for years now. Thats something that started when it was still SOE. How big of a flop h1z1 has been im not shocked.

I find smedleys tweet hillarious since hes one of the main reasons the company is in the shape its in now. He ran that shit into the red for a decade on failed project after failed project because Sony didnt give a shit and just let them lose money year after year.

Not sure the EQ team is even effected by this.

The art team has worked for every game for years now. Thats something that started when it was still SOE. How big of a flop h1z1 has been im not shocked.

I find smedleys tweet hillarious since hes one of the main reasons the company is in the shape its in now. He ran that shit into the red for a decade on failed project after failed project because Sony didnt give a shit and just let them lose money year after year.

Not sure the EQ team is even effected by this.

I did find Smedley's tweets somewhat hilarious and hypocritical as well, but he did have a point on doing the layoffs before Xmas.

I'd prefer to get fired just before Christmas and know, then to have them hold out and run up even bigger bills that I then can't afford to pay.