Kiting

Tweak

Reaction score
Where would the best place to kite for a lvl 80 wiz be with roughly 800aas?
Icefall is ok but im sure there is better. thanks.

Beam kite icefall spiders, pretty sure its highest level you can get that doesnt summon. Load up docrack noblind, make a docrack preventspeed off/on, beam till your lom, then turn preventspeed on and pop harvest, once harvest is off, turn preventpseed off fast before mobs catch up.

... once harvest is off, turn preventpseed off fast before mobs catch up.

Or just /plugin mq2speedutils and /speed 1.5 for bard speed. Preventspeed does not interfere with mq2speedutils - I use it all the time to kite mobs that snare or root. I confess to never having considered using it to kill the root effect of harvest - kudos.

From my experience, preventspeed does effect your speed after the effect wares off, placing you at 100 again until you turn it off.

Diddnt they nerf beam kiting to hell?

you only hit 4 or 5 mobs now instead of 20+

It hits up 8 mobs, but thats more then enough. I get roughly 25-30% per 8 @ level 75. Use to be able to do 40+ mobs and get 3-4 aa's per beam, however i would die alot due to server lag in newer zones.

From my experience, preventspeed does effect your speed after the effect wares off, placing you at 100 again until you turn it off.

I don't know about the root effect from harvest, but I do know from experience that snare and root effects from mobs don't interfere with /speed combuned with the preventspeed docrack. I've used them many times on my bard, and he continues to run at the same speed in his little circle, snared, rooted, whatever.

Could be fragile effect from harvest, but I am doing it right now and still does it.

Adventure awaits

Kiting the gyrospires is so much better xp. most of the mobs outside the towers do not summon drops aren't too shabby as well. on my lv 80 necro I am gitting almost 18% a kill.