Kerafyrm the Awakened

master1111

Reaction score
Any Info on this event Info on this event, When to speak with the 4 drakes what each 1 does and anything else thanks.

Any info would be appreciated /agree.

all i can tell you is that it spawns adds at around 80% thats as far as ive gone =P

I've beaten it but I was a DPS class so I didn't do much, we had everyone assist on Kera until the adds spawned, then we waited for 4, mezzed them, then the DPS went and killed them and got back on Kerafyrm until 4 more were mezzed, kept doing it over and over. But I didn't know you had to speak to drakes or anything

Can anyone else shed some more light on this fight? Thanks in advance!

Need to use heralds they all do different things. You can figure out what they do by looking up their first names on websites that have eq spells. As for the stun and spell gem grey out there is a way to get around it you just have to figure it out.

Need to use heralds they all do different things. You can figure out what they do by looking up their first names on websites that have eq spells. As for the stun and spell gem grey out there is a way to get around it you just have to figure it out.

The heralds do different things?! NOWAI!

There's a way around one of the more difficult mechanics to the event? NOWAI!

thanks for clearing that up raddude, you're a life saver.....

some info

Each of the drakes are hailed at different times they will either tell you they are too tired to help( or something like that) or they will cast a spell at Kera to stop an AE/dmg whatever. Each one has a key word.

As far as the adds they begin at 75% health and stop spawning at 35% so the faster you burn his ass to 35 from 75 the less adds you get.

the stun/grey out every ten secs is annoying but can be avoided if you time your casts with an audio trigger for "you can't concentrate" you have ten secs to cast from that point before the next one.

Hope that helps all I am going to give out ....lol.

The heralds do different things?! NOWAI!

There's a way around one of the more difficult mechanics to the event? NOWAI!

thanks for clearing that up raddude, you're a life saver.....

It was more information than previously provided. Hard to provide more information than what I've experienced thus far.

adds

does anybody know if there is any connection between the adds that spawn and the timer of the crystal spawning? Are people killing these adds or CCing them?

The adds are not connected to crystals (to my knowledge anyway). You simply need someone watching for crystals and call it in raid then back away when they spawn or if your like some guilds who use 15 clerics in a raid *roles eyes*, you can eat it and keep on dps. There is suposely a way to slow down the crystals that drop from rumors Ive heard but if there is I cant find it, nore has it mattered.

And honest to god there really isnt much strat at all to this raid, the absolute make or break part is your clerics learning how to heal around a 10 sec interupt. you will beat this when that happens.

You can CC drakes or you can kill them. Its been a mixture pretty even between the guilds that have beat him, some kill, some CC. Our guild perfers to kill them. We simply take 1 knight group a bit away from kera and keep off his agro. At 75% drakes start spawning. A couple knights bring them to the "Add tank" and that group kills the drakes. At 40% when the other dragons start spawning in the event this CC group can now go dps Kera. You will get no more adds. Of course if you chose to CC the wyverns rather than kill then that group is locked up for the entire raid.

At 30% Kera goes berserk. He rapes. He "can" hit for 20k + at this point. This is when your guild needs to use their big discs, not before. Get him down asap. The fight is over at 5%. You dont kill him. His family ties him up so to speak. So burn to 5% and you win.

Of all the AE's you can stop them all til 30% with the drake commands (which I dont know we use casters for that sorry), but I do suggest to you not stopping the Tailrake, and giving your raid mana each time you can. Your casters (clerics) should end the fight almost full mana. Which maens they have no worry at all about going oom in the fight and can just consentrate on working around the 10 sec interupt and you win.

It really just seems to come down to a good degree of sustained DPS but mainly being able to keep a tank up. Even with the healers working effectively you can still get unlucky and have a tank one-rounded. Very few guilds beat this fight consistently and i'm sorry but Air 2 is a joke compared to Kera. Like Pepper said though and I have seen, there really isn't much strategy to the fight, just execution.

from a tank PoV, this is such an easy event,
we usually have knights kite the adds and chanters CCing them off that, while a grp deals with them, and then everyone else on Kera. we have somone call the Big Crystal spawn in /rs and the DPS back right off to the wall ( to avoid the AE) once crystal moves we get people back on ~ rinse repeat, unless you have good tanks and good healers, you will consistently wipe, cos Kera is a Whore !

It's a pretty challenging fight for healers. There is a silence that goes off pretty frequently. You need to have your MT in a group with 5 other clerics so you can set up a cleric rotation of divine arb and epic clicks. These two and any other clicky heals are the only means of healing the MT during silence phases. When the silence fades you have a brief time before the next one hits and usually you'll be lucky if you can get 2 quick heals off. It will take a few fails at least for the healers to get up a good rotation system that works. We've always done it with cleric 1 clicks divine arb, cleric 2 clicks epic, cleric 3 clicks div arb, ect. It's tricky because unless your really managing it right and healing during the brief time the silence is down, epic and arb wont be refreshed in time to keep the tank up.

Also the AT for the silence is "Kerafyrm the Awakening begins to cast a spell". You really have to listen for it and go by the sound as your spells will cast, but they just dont heal. So you won't notice you're silenced until it's too late.

Hope this helps.

You need to have your MT in a group with 5 other clerics so you can set up a cleric rotation of divine arb and epic clicks.

we go it with 6 clr and 6 tanks Lol, 3 tanks / 3 clr to a group

we go it with 6 clr and 6 tanks Lol, 3 tanks / 3 clr to a group

And you guys are able to keep up your tanks pretty easily? We've tried it with 3 and 4 at first but it seemed like div arb and epic were never refreshed in time.

Def rota, and all tanks stay alive 90% of the time, usual spikes or small lag in heals will kill a tank, but most of the time def rota works perfect :)

yeah, a def rotation would be huge.. but I don't see how you guys work out the healing during silences unless you have lots of clicky heals coming in.

we have all healers stoof up by the dragon that gives mana, duno if thats outta range or something, but we dont suffer with heals tbh.

when i said 6 clr, we have done it with that, most of the time its 8 clr.
I can probably find out about the silence if noone else here posts first :)