is this possible? two everquest

r0xx0r

Reaction score
basically i like to play both, eq live, and eq emu - but i hate having to switch out comps and what not, is there anyway possible to have two copies of eq installed on the same computer? One being my already installed and fully patched eq live and the other being the Titanium version of eq for eqemu. Any help would be much appreciated. For ref. I don't have an extra hd- that's compat. with my comp. and i don't want to lose what i have on the comp now (there is only two partitions. Back up and Local Disk)

thx,

r0xx0r

Install on two separate drives or partition one and keep your folders apart.

You only have to have 2 folders , can be on teh same drive. I have it for beta and live

no beta is diff.

i want eq patched fully, and eq titanium. However when i insert the install cd, it says repair or remove, doesn't give me the option to install to diff. directory. What if i remove my current eq, install titanium, copy it to a new directoy and patch one of em, will that work?

Install the one you want (EQEMU). Then take the patch and put in seperate folder and let it run for the full version.

Just rename teh directory

Right click on your EQ folder.
Select Copy
Select Paste

Now you have two EQ installs. There is no need to reinstall from a disk.

don't think i've actually done an eq install since the kunark expansion. you can download the patcher and get the full game or just copy an existing directory and run from that.

so yeah, actually having an "installation" of eq is not necessary.

Can copy the entire folder to another folder.
Just remember to use the exe from their corresponding folders.

Make sure it points to the right one (right click, properties)

when you install off the CD it puts crap in your registry. Delete the Registry crap and you should then be able to install off the CD again.

But as Kachiko said just copy the eq folder re name it then run the exe from inside that.

Delete all EQs
Install Titanium
Copy Titanium to new folder Rename it EQ Emu
patch Normal EQ Folder
Patch EQ Emu folder
enjoy both

aye ty, all of that worked, i did have to do the registry deletion tho before it would even run, something about conflicting paths. thx again!