Is there a way to trigger the holyshit without combat?

mb4xy3

Reaction score
So, here's the scenario (and I'm basically describing what the bot.mac does, but I'm better at writing code myself then reading others).

I play my monk. I go poll a mob or 3 to my camp where I have a bard and a cleric box. Monk is set to puller, one merc is tank, and monk is main assist.

I bring mob to camp, mercs engage, etc. I swap to bard, hit my 7 key (more about this later), then I swap to cleric to heal manually. I go to bard often to ensure he is still singing as sometimes he gets hit, stops, whatever, I don't know why.

The 7 key is a real simple macro - assist puller, auto attack, run a melody

What I'd like to do is have the bard fire off that 7 key automatically without having me to swap to him, and constantly check to ensure he is doing what he is supposed to be doing without me checking him.

Is there a way that I can make the bard trigger this when a certain player is in such range? Or, how can I trigger the holyshit without actually hitting autoattack?

then, the downshit is basically /target cleric, /follow, /diff melody (I do the follow or stick to get him back in camp as they tend to creep out during kills).

I play all my characters and don't do afk killing, so I'm not looking for anything like that.

What you want to do is fairly easy with a simple macro.

Strictly speaking you would not be "triggering the holyshit without combat". You would be turning attack on when a certain condition is met.

I'm getting raid for tonight's raid and don't have time to write anything ATM.

If you can't get anything working send me a PM.

What you want to do is fairly easy with a simple macro.

Strictly speaking you would not be "triggering the holyshit without combat". You would be turning attack on when a certain condition is met.

I'm getting raid for tonight's raid and don't have time to write anything ATM.

If you can't get anything working send me a PM.

I know how to code, but with any new language / platform, I don't know where to put the code, or the syntax. I also don't know what I can and can't do.

Something like this would work:

if monk is within 30 feet and is in combat, then auto attack. Then, the holyshit's can take over.

Or, what would be better is if monk is within x range, is in combat, and monk's target is in x range, then auto attack.

Then, I don't know where to put the code beyond that.

use a downshit?

You could set a dowshit that fires using xtarget data based on your puller's target, target type (non pc), target distance, and if a buff from your macro is not up, and also have it as a holyshit for in combat upkeep

Last edited:
use a downshit?

You could set a dowshit that fires using xtarget data based on your puller's target, target type (non pc), target distance, and if a buff from your macro is not up, and also have it as a holyshit for in combat upkeep

That makes sense. Just talking about it / working through the logic makes it much easier to comprehend.

So, in pseudocode downshit:

if pullers target is non pc, and pullers target distance <= x, and if auto attack is not on, then auto attack.

That auto attack will fire off my holyshit:
if *insert buff name here* is not on, then cancel current melody and start new melody.

One thing I have noticed recently is the stick function seems to be acting a little wonky for me. If I hit attack and swap to a new char, the char will run in circles, not go to the mob, etc. If i'm on the session and watch the char get into position, then all good. I'll have to play around with my wineq probably to fix that.

Will the wiki give me the instructions on syntax needed for the downshits and holyshits, and the specific variables needed?

One thing I have noticed recently is the stick function seems to be acting a little wonky for me. If I hit attack and swap to a new char, the char will run in circles, not go to the mob, etc. If i'm on the session and watch the char get into position, then all good. I'll have to play around with my wineq probably to fix that.

This is a classic case of setting the FPS of the background character too low.

1. In the client go to options -> display -> advanced -> background FPS = 40+
2. Turn off WinEQ frame limiting

If your computer is old and can not handle the number of EQ clients then look at MQ2FPS options. Search these forums and you should find several threads about what settings to use.

This is a classic case of setting the FPS of the background character too low.

1. In the client go to options -> display -> advanced -> background FPS = 40+
2. Turn off WinEQ frame limiting

If your computer is old and can not handle the number of EQ clients then look at MQ2FPS options. Search these forums and you should find several threads about what settings to use.

Excellent, thanks. it is an older PC, but not terrible. Quad core i7 with 16gb ram, but about a 2 year old model, and the video card is not the best.

I noticed it happened more when I turned stuff "up", so I turned more "down" and that helped, but I'll dig further with what you said.

So, here's the scenario (and I'm basically describing what the bot.mac does, but I'm better at writing code myself then reading others).

I play my monk. I go poll a mob or 3 to my camp where I have a bard and a cleric box. Monk is set to puller, one merc is tank, and monk is main assist.

I bring mob to camp, mercs engage, etc. I swap to bard, hit my 7 key (more about this later), then I swap to cleric to heal manually. I go to bard often to ensure he is still singing as sometimes he gets hit, stops, whatever, I don't know why.

What I'd like to do is have the bard fire off that 7 key automatically without having me to swap to him, and constantly check to ensure he is doing what he is supposed to be doing without me checking him.

Is there a way that I can make the bard trigger this when a certain player is in such range? Or, how can I trigger the holyshit without actually hitting autoattack?

then, the downshit is basically /target cleric, /follow, /diff melody (I do the follow or stick to get him back in camp as they tend to creep out during kills).

I play all my characters and don't do afk killing, so I'm not looking for anything like that.

As far as checking for a song playing, you can use MQ2Twist instead of the ingame /melody, /twist 1 2 3 4 (where numbers are the gems you want to play) This will play the songs in order that you put them in, if the song fizzles or gets interrupted it will try to do it again until it succeeds. This would likely alleviate your need for all the convoluted scripting. However, if you prefer it was automated then you can still use the /twist, but then you no longer need to check for the song I suppose. But yes, FPS to low in background. I found that I have issues with the FPS even when I set it to a higher background FPS in EQ if I have MQ2FPS loaded. So unloading it may help.

Why dont you just have a hotkey on your puller that /BCT your bard, /twist 1, /ass MT, /dosomething?

or do a hotkey with an event that you write a little macro to listen for?

As far as checking for a song playing, you can use MQ2Twist instead of the ingame /melody, /twist 1 2 3 4 (where numbers are the gems you want to play) This will play the songs in order that you put them in, if the song fizzles or gets interrupted it will try to do it again until it succeeds. This would likely alleviate your need for all the convoluted scripting. However, if you prefer it was automated then you can still use the /twist, but then you no longer need to check for the song I suppose. But yes, FPS to low in background. I found that I have issues with the FPS even when I set it to a higher background FPS in EQ if I have MQ2FPS loaded. So unloading it may help.

I will for sure use the twist, thanks!

Why dont you just have a hotkey on your puller that /BCT your bard, /twist 1, /ass MT, /dosomething?

I would prefer that, but don't know how. I like playing my characters, just don't really like swapping from room to toon

I would prefer that, but don't know how. I like playing my characters, just don't really like swapping from room to toon

/plugin MQ2EQBC

On mmoloader tray icon right click, options drop down, select "launch EQBCS"

/bccmd connect <server> <port> <password>
Connect to server on port using password (defaults: 127.0.0.1 2112). Note: Once you connect, it will remember that connection, so next time you just have to type "/bccmd connect".

Note: You only use 127.0.0.1 on the computer hosting the EQBCS server. 127.0.0.1 is the IP address that say localhost, or this computer. You can use localhost instead of typing 127.0.0.1

If you are using multiple computers for this plugin there are several steps that must be considered or added to connecting to the host computer.

First and foremost is you need to get the IP address of the current computer hosting the server. Likely 192.168.#.### port default is set to 2112, Thus if connecting to this computer from another computer in my house I would have to type /bccmd connect 192.168.0.109 2112 passwordIjustmadeupforthis

To get the current IP address depending on your current version of windows you'll need to access the command prompt. Windows 10 is the WindowsKey+R, then type CMD into the box and hit ok. Alternately on most OS's you can type CMD into the search box to find the dos prompt. Once that is open you can type /ipconfig, you are then looking for IPV4 address. IE: 192.168.1.146. This is what you use for the IPAddress

Things to consider:
Your home router assigns dynamic IP addresses (changing occasionally) to each object connecting to the internet. It is recommended that you setup your router to assign a static IP address to the system hosting the server so that connection to the host computer will always be the same. You will have to google how to do this for your router. You must also have admin access to your router. If you've never changed the default admin login information and you don't know how to log into your router you can google the default login as well.

The WIKI for EQBC is located at MQ2EQBC - MMOBugs Wiki

How to connect to a local computer from a computer on a different network is slightly more complicated, but I can explain it if needed. I used EQBC to connect to 5 accounts at 2 locations (got myself a ding for sharing lol) while I was in afghanistan. This is a VERY useful tool.

Hotkeys you can use, /bca //assist MainTank This command would be issued from the MT, Alternately /bct tankname //keypress 1. Keypress 1 is a short macro that /targets puller; /assist puller; waits in a loop for target to be under xx% health, then /bcaa //keypress 2

which tells all characters including tank to run their very short combat macros which is specialized for that classes combat. IE: Wizard nukes as long as his aggro isn't over 30%. Tank holds aggro and uses aggro skills if under a certain percent. Enchanter checks the area around tank for additional targets and mezmerises them if they are under the spells level cap. etc etc.

It's a fairly useful plugin which is only limited by your imagination. Puller or MT can have a hotkey that /bcaa //end to turn off all characters macros. You can create a camp location hotkey that tells everyone but the puller to move back to it. You can make everyone target you and then /stick or /follow etc.

EQBC is boxing made easier. With EQBC and enough computers and accounts you could run your own raids with enough effort put into the mechanics of how the hotkeys are setup.

Last edited:
Very cool stuff. Right now, however, that's a little beyond what I'm looking to do. I ended up buying a gaming Corsair keyboard with macros, so it was as simple as mapping the G1 key to F2+7+F3. That swaps to my bard, hits the 7 key (which is assist, auto attack, start melody), then over to my cleric who I play for the duration of most kills.