Instant Camp Anywhere!

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
This requires MacroQuest2 just like everything else.

Just a normal compile of Macroquest2 will do.

First type

/plugin mq2custombinds

then

/bind INSTANT_CAMP SHIFT+C

Then just hit shift+c and you will instantly camp your character. Very useful for camping clerics out before a wipe.

Last edited:
OK i set the bind to insta camp ... SWEET btw .. but seems it might not be sticking .. everytime i log out i have to set bind again... any way to make it permanent?

Anyone had any luck adding something to MQ2 so you don't have to bind your key everytime you login?

i just made a key which i press every time i log into a character...has saved my cleric sooooo many times

Did mq2 do away with the keypress ability for this? I think you use to be able to do /keypress instant_camp and it camp you out. Havent used it in awhile though so cant conferm it works or not anymore. :?:

/q works....will instantly shut down EQ, can be inconvienient, but a heck of a lot better than dying and losing exp.

/g makes you go ld and u can die jsut as easy as sitting and tryign to camp out

I agree, /q isn't effective like it used to be. I'd say about a year ago I swear they changed the way /q affects your character because I'd watch on another computer and it almost seems that if you /q you character takes on a "sit" state and my cleric started dying every single time I tried to camp using this. Since you stay in game while camping to see what happens, it's just about better to just camp so you know you died anymore. instant camp $$

personally I hevent tried this plugin yet...but I will give it a shot.

I have never died because of /q but if its like you say, I have been really lucky..I will update this post after I try the instant camp thingy.

Tried instant camp today...no luck.

when you log in ( or in the MQ window at charictor select )
just type
/bind INSTANT_CAMP shift+c
and hit enter
when you ahve to camp just hit the shift and the C key at the same time and whala your to charictor select ( makes it realy fast to get no drop Items out of your bank too hehe )

thanks tomb_eater I will update my commands...I might have mispelled a word...lol....go figure I cant spell. So in all it should look like this:

/plugin MQ2Custombinds

/bind instant_camp shift+c

I hope this will help me. Thanks again

I do all CAPS for INSTANT_CAMP cause thats the way I was shown and I have never found a problem with it

now I want to know if theres a file or something I can just type it in and leave it so I dont ahve to type it everytime I log back in to EQ lol

I made a social button for it...works fine now...thanks tomb_eater!!!!!

I did confirm, "/keypress instant_camp" works wonders.. Can add it to a hotkey and don't have to bind anything.