Innerspace Lavishscript/GUI Hotbutton window

Think I like this vertical version more. Thank you. So far you have done some excellent work.

Thanks! If you there's something to be made smaller lemme know I can go back and reduce the size some more and try to get it looking better for you. Once you feel it's right I'll wrap this up and post it as official release.

A transparency setting would be nice as I personally set everything to 10 out of 100 to be able to see my whole screen. Other than maybe getting it to take direct eqbc commands, I think it is golden.

A transparency setting would be nice as I personally set everything to 10 out of 100 to be able to see my whole screen. Other than maybe getting it to take direct eqbc commands, I think it is golden.

Lemme see if I can add a slider to set window transparency.

Ok I got transparency in, here's the new files to try with the horizontal button bar.

Put eqisbuttonstest.iss in: ${InnerSpace.HomeDirectory}\Scripts

and then put:

eqisbuttonstest.xml
tmyalpha.xml

in ${InnerSpace.HomeDirectory}\Scripts\EQ\UI

Should have a transparency button under the Setup tab now. Transparency with LavishGUI is set between 0(invis) to 1(opaque) in increments of .1 to .9 with .5 being like 50% transparent. I tried doing a slider control but the math to do a slider going from 0 to 1 was like:

Length of penis X Circumference of Left Nut - How many times you get laid each week.

needless to say I just put in a text box to type in the value.

Last edited:
Wow transparency is literally Transparency in IS, no fading lol. Definitely workable. Can the window have a set location or because it is technically in IS it will not set it outside at a certain spot?

Wow transparency is literally Transparency in IS, no fading lol. Definitely workable. Can the window have a set location or because it is technically in IS it will not set it outside at a certain spot?

Yeah you can't move it outside the game window, there's actually a hidden master window that all created window elements tie back to. If you want to keep it starting in the same spot everytime within the game window you can right click on the blue title area of the window and choose Lock to hold in that spot. I have noticed if there's a xml or script change the stored window position gets reset but just Lock it back to where you want it.

If I can ever figure out what makes the ISXIM extension crash when I load it I'll be writing a simple interface for Yahoo Messenger to run in game. I think Ama over at isxgames.com is talking about adding MSN messenger, googletalk and hopefully twitter. If he does that I could get really wicked and add events that would look for certain chats and then do a keycombo press on that event hehe.

Last edited:
So basically run EQBC and my own irc server lol, hmm. Not run one for many years.

So basically run EQBC and my own irc server lol, hmm. Not run one for many years.

Yeah it'd be adding more but would open /slash up. If I could find someone that would modify the ISXEQBC code released at macroquest2.com that would simplify everything down to really no crutch building on the backside. Then I could code it to use either eqbc or irc to pass commands and you'd tell it I used EQBC or IRC and then it'd put in the leader command like /bc or /i say. Problem is I can't find anyone that either knows ISXDK or EQBC. I hung out in some of the isx channels, got tired of being banned for asking questions. Fuckers pimp their channels based on come here and ask questions then fucktard channel ops ban you for being a newb. I'd pay 50 bucks for that extension to be made like I posted earlier ffs lol.

But I think for now it'll stay the way it is, I think thats the best solution until something groundbreaking happens. But I am excited to write an interface for IRC/Yahoo for ISXIM. The IRC client in ISXIM is more robust than MQ2IRC. And building a non game specific GUI would be awesome. Also I've put in a request to lax to compile ISXVentrilo and ISXTeamspeak to the latest 3.1 ISXDK. Those are two clients that I can create native GUI's for as well.

So I'm finishing up some cleaning and comments in the code and couple tweaks to the xml files. I should have a release for brokeback with alpha/tab naming support tomorrow. I got it set to load Landscape as default with a button in Setup to change that to Portrait if they want.

Last edited:
well been looking around and came across http://ircd.bircd.org/ . Could maybe use that and set up as a service. seems small enough as to not need much in the way of resources.

well been looking around and came across http://ircd.bircd.org/ . Could maybe use that and set up as a service. seems small enough as to not need much in the way of resources.

Will grab that and take a look. Ama is out of country now I think, so not sure when he'll be back to look at fixing ISXIM.

I think I found a way to maybe make the window size suck about 5% less. There is a element setting where I can set the window to resizable. I've got that turned on now and am redoing the xml UI files to all position according to percentage of window width/height. Also I'm setting the window to be a percentage of height/width of the master invisible window so it should scale on start off you're graphics settings. From there you should be able to resize it a bit smaller if needed. The only thing that doesn't scale is the button text font. That I believe is controled in the defaultui.xml file located in ${InnerSpace.Homedirectory}\Interface folder. If I understand correctly if I don't specify a template then LavishGUI falls back to that.

The only other problem is there is no indicator (mouse cursor wise) that it's resiable. Just put mouse cursor over window border and click and drag.

I should have the xml stuff converted to percentages from absolute pixels by tomorrow and if you want to try it out that'd be nice. I'll upload them when done.

Of course I'll try it out. Think I am your #1 tester lol.

Of course I'll try it out. Think I am your #1 tester lol.

LOL and you are appreciated very much!

Ok here's the new stuff with window resizing. Put the xml files in your ${InnerSpace.Directory}\Scripts\EQ\UI folder and the iss file in your ${InnerSpace.Directory}\Scripts folder.

I changed the names so to retain your settings, go into your ${InnerSpace.Directory}\Scripts\EQ\Config folder and copy eqisbuttonsconfig.xml to eqisbuttonsdevconfig.xml. That should make your settings available with this test release.

open the console and run eqisbuttonsdev

Remember the mouse pointer won't change to reflect the spot is resizable. Just put it over the border at the edge and you can drag to resize.

I've tested this running at 1400x900ish and it looked ok. There is a point where if you shrink it too far the text will vanish but play with it and see what you think.

Last edited:
Its too bad the text does not seem to scale with everything as well. That appears to be the only real drawback.

Yeah the way IS handles fonts could be improved. Other than the font scaling did it help any or just not worth the resizing feature?

Last edited:
Certainly useful, but fonts staying the same does hamper it somewhat. If I shorten the button txt, then it kinda helps...

Certainly useful, but fonts staying the same does hamper it somewhat. If I shorten the button txt, then it kinda helps...

I got it commented out but I'm working on way for you to change font size. I need to figure somethings out as when I tried it, it would do some crazy things with button size. Gonna keep at it and when I figure it out should let you set font size to whatever.

If you're curious the X/Y Loc and Height/Width settings are saved and store by Innerspace itself. They're written to innerspace.xml in the root innerspace folder.

Last edited:

Ok got the font size chango presto working...I think.

Moved all the settings (less individual button config to their own window), made a button under the setup tab to launch the new window.

Put the xml files in the UI folder and drop the new iss into the scripts folder. Run eqisbuttonsdev.

Give this a try and see what you think. So you should be able to shrink the window down then set the font to match.

If that is ok then I'll include the setup buttons tab and also the Tab/Title bar to take the font size change as well.

Last edited:
Just got around to trying it. Very nice. Might wanna put a small description for font increments. Not hard to figure out, but you know some doofus will ask. Titelbar and tabs would be cool as well. Very much enjoying the progress. Fitting more and more into a very handy tool.

Possibilities: Color selection on text. I use specific colors on my EQ hotkeys showing me the type of clicky (detrimental or beneficial) as well as colored ones depicting which toon it specifically interacts with.

Maybe a transparent background then buttons themselves might not need to be so transparent as well.