Increasing lag

Baked

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if its my imagination, SOE adding stuff to EQ or whats going on.

After each patch these days I am getting more and more lag when running our compile, it's to the point my caster on my laptop is almost unplayable in any SoF zone now. Double boxing my 2 melee on my best comp is also almost impossible now. Yes I need new comps, but have not the $ for it.

Used to be fine with some lag here and there in certain zones, now as of this latest patch its almost impossible in SoF zones.

Not sure what if anything can be done about this, it almost feels like there lagging me out to stop boting etc....../shrug

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Baked

They are trying to add modernday graphics with a 12 year old engine.

How do you run without MQ2 loaded?

My options settings were reset to original,

Try turning them all down again.

Yes I have noticed lag as well..with or without mq2loaded. Seems to happen and disappear randomly, can stay for as long as 10+hours and can be lag free for about the same amount of time.

Yes I have noticed lag as well..with or without mq2loaded. Seems to happen and disappear randomly, can stay for as long as 10+hours and can be lag free for about the same amount of time.

I see exactly the same thing...I can be on for 24 hours straight and not have any sever leg other then in the guildlobby. Other times I log on and can't even turn around in POK. I normally just reboot both machines and reload eq / mq2 / wineq and normally it improves things at least a little bit.

probably all the additional logging shit they are running to track and ban hackers !

Cost cutting?

Interesting..

I did notice a visible improvement in deleting all the eqclient.ini (or was is eqhardware.ini?) files and reloading and letting it pickup my hardware again.

Had gone through a few video card upgrades and it wasn't being peoperly detected. Might also work to relrun the Options.exe - I'm more the the hack and slash type when it comes to trouble shooting. Can it all and start again!

I also muddled around with setting the affinity in the INI files to a different core on quad I'm running. (Yes I load a seperate one for each toon I play) - Got again a small visible improvement on load times and general preformance moving around.

Since the last server merger and the latest expansion being deployed it's gone down hill something feirce. We all notice the "Laggin Plains" syndrome I take it..

It's fine for a few seconds, then *jerk* fine again, then *hic*, then fine again.. Then *twitch* -- If there were viewable server utilization stats I bet it would be hovering around 90%+ as an average.

What they need is load ballancing, this looks like (to me anyway) from a users perspective, is plain jane utilization issues. Maybe to beef up the hardware side of things over at the SoE server farm. Not that this post will change anything.. /rant

It's to the point where I personaly avoid some of the new SoF zones so I don't get furstrated with the jerking lag issues. It screams budget and cost cutting...

Is Conan any good?