IDE for html, php, and javascript

PeteyPablo

Rogues Do It From Behind
Reaction score
Lately for work I have been having to write crappy web apps that are basic cruds. I am used to VI or Notepad++ for doing all my coding. That being said, I now have to create better web apps that are more modular.

Anyone have input on what IDE's they like to use for php, javascript, and html? I've dabbled with Netbeans and Eclipse. The new Netbeans 7.0 for syntax highlighting is really nice.

GIT or Subversion? I now have people dabbling with my apps and before I was always just working off of a copy on my dev server. Now I need some sort of version control.

To get an idea of the scope, I have 90k lines of code and I would imagine I am 20% done. My issue is maintaining all the different files.

To get an idea of the scope, I have 90k lines of code and I would imagine I am 20% done. My issue is maintaining all the different files.

I'm a DW kiddie for these project scales. I've used it for years, and is my most comfortable IDE to work with in all forms of web dev and apps. Just my two cents. I maintain a CS subscription with Adobe now, that way I can pay monthly for when I actually need such software and don't have to worry about upgrades.

I use DreamWeaver almot exclusively for large projects like this as well. But I haven't really given anything else much opportunity. DreamWeaver works and is a comfortable environment so I have never had the need to try and find an alternative. The new javascript autocomplete changes in CS5 are nice as well to help one keep up with the exact casing syntax in some of the object members. Also, at my full time job, my employer pays for DreamWeaver so it's the IDE I'm provided at work :)

That said, for home or small business use I would never pay Adobe's ridiculous license cost. They have gotten worse than Microsoft at how much they over-sell their products. I mean 400 dollars for the basic full version of DreamWeaver CS5... really... Windows doesn't even cost that much and it is capable of so much more!