Hydrocan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlope22

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I purchased a Necromancer account from Hydrocan here back in June and I try and log in to the account yesterday and somehow the pw has been changed on me.

Attempted to contact Hydrocan via pm and gmail but no reply so far. Someone also mentioned to me in IRC that a bard that someone purchased from Hydrocan has also been taken back recently, cant remember who said that exactly maybe they will post about it soon.

Anyways, if you purchased an account from Hydrocan and didnt transfer it to a new account I would recommend getting on that ASAP.

Please PM all details of this to Kodilynn for him to look into.

Thanks!

Was Hydrocan the original owner? Keep in mind on second hand accounts sometimes the people who sold them to you have very little control over this. I have screwed up myself on several occasions in that regard.

eqisdead

Sorry I try to get sleep during the middle of the night and didn't reply ASAP. Yikes.

Anyway, I will check into this now..a character purchased from me in June I'll have to go back and see who I bought it from, haven't really played EQ in a while. As eqisdead pointed out, it really sucks that when you buy an account you don't take the necessary steps to secure it because we as sellers can't 100% guarantee anything. This has happened to me twice now and it fucking sucks because its out of your control.

But I will help you and work with you in what way I can.

I purchased a Necromancer account from Hydrocan here back in June and I try and log in to the account yesterday and somehow the pw has been changed on me.

Attempted to contact Hydrocan via pm and gmail but no reply so far. Someone also mentioned to me in IRC that a bard that someone purchased from Hydrocan has also been taken back recently, cant remember who said that exactly maybe they will post about it soon.

Anyways, if you purchased an account from Hydrocan and didnt transfer it to a new account I would recommend getting on that ASAP.

You do realize that one should have at least 24 hours to reply before you make a post about them?

Sorry I try to get sleep during the middle of the night and didn't reply ASAP. Yikes.

Anyway, I will check into this now..a character purchased from me in June I'll have to go back and see who I bought it from, haven't really played EQ in a while. As eqisdead pointed out, it really sucks that when you buy an account you don't take the necessary steps to secure it because we as sellers can't 100% guarantee anything. This has happened to me twice now and it fucking sucks because its out of your control.

But I will help you and work with you in what way I can.

As a reseller you should have taken the steps so that the person you bought the account from could not steal it back from who you sold it too. So your own comment applies to you as much if not more then it does to the OP.

Me, too

I have been working with Hydrocan on a bard I bought from him that got recovered two weeks ago. He claims to be trying to get it back for me but, like many of the accounts he sold here, he bought it, moved it, and got bored with it in a few weeks so there was no way for me to ever properly secure it since he did not have all the info and the instant was down. I got it in early August. He says he is trying to recover it from Sony but I have not heard anything from him in a week. I also see the bard being played - though the person disavows any knowledge of anything. Hydro said he would reimburse me if he cannot get the account back but I have not seen a penny yet and he is no longer resonding to my PMs. I think I did everything in good faith but I am beginning to wonder if maybe he did not properly compensate the folks he got these accounts from back when he got them and if that might play a role. Either way, I would urge anyone else who got an account from Hydrocan this summer to secure it immediately or risk losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.