how to turn off the new eq looting system?

militarebear

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the new eq adv looting system, in order to return to the old system? This is messing with my playing methods... )))
Thanx
Respectfully
militarebear

On the master looter, type /advloot and hit the edit filters button, then uncheck use advanced looting.

I know it takes 5-10 minutes of precious play time to figure out, but I'd highly recommend giving the new system a chance. It really is a great system, and no longer takes so much time to loot the big piles of corpses. It's cut down my HA runs by at least a minute or two per run.

Next zip will have some new exciting TLO for the new advloot system as well. It really is awesome once u get used to it

ack I hate being an old guy, hard to pickup on the new tricks, to change me ways, to start cleaning my comb every day . . . )))

Thanx for the comeback )))

My shambot is no longer looting even with the advloot turned off. I can see this as being a really cool feature but damn if I can't change haha I still can't figure out how to loot without needing to roll on each item /shrug

My shambot is no longer looting even with the advloot turned off. I can see this as being a really cool feature but damn if I can't change haha I still can't figure out how to loot without needing to roll on each item /shrug

If you're having to roll, then advloot is still on. It has to be turned off on the group leader / master looter, or the whole group uses it.

If you're having to roll, then advloot is still on. It has to be turned off on the group leader / master looter, or the whole group uses it.

Thanks I will check it out and see if its off on all group members :)

I hate it in certain zones when I'm looking for just one item, and don't wanna loot a bunch of other junk. Especially when I know the icon for the item already. But... It's useful in two situations I find. HA's and Powerleveling (Gems/Defiant mostly). You can pull a mass of crap and loot it all at once.

Now. When they add a TLO for it and I can easily macro it. I'm sure I'll love it.

Is there a way to set it up to auto loot stuff and leave loot? In a group setting.

I've played around with it for a bit but can't work it out, either it can't do what I want it to do or I can't work out how to make it do it.

I've gone back to the old loot setup. The window is fucking annoying. Pops up every time a piece of TS trash drops that I don't want.

Ideally I'd like it to auto loot expensive vendor trash like gems, ignore other bullshit and pop up when an actual item drops.

Is that possible?

Sort of. As long as you have filters set, the stuff will auto get rolled on or be left on corpses at the 15 minute mark.

As for the popping up, just keep the window minimized until you want to deal with loot. I generally leave it minimized and deal with loot once every 5-10 minutes.

It's a new system adding mq2 support for it is time consuming but when it's done you will be able to interact with it in multiple ways from your macros.

Also tell your friends about this post: MacroQuest - View topic - Feature: Macrosupport for the new AdvLoot system
Cause right now there hasn't been much interest shown in getting mq2 support for it at all and I'm kinda forced to work on it in off hours only.

Last edited:
I think you'd get more interest if you could give us details on what exactly you can do with it, if possible?