How to spot a member during patch day

Golem

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of us have seen it before, but I thought about it all day after seeing it yesterday afternoon.

I just happened to be browsing these forums yesterday when the banner at the top disappears on a page reload (the one that is present when MMOBugs is down). Our group is killing, mid-task/mission, and a person says "I need to relog before raid, I am going to do it now". Keep it mind the raid is still almost two hours away, and we've been at this mission for an hour.

Long story short: if you don't want to be known as a MQer, don't tell the group (or LD suddenly) as soon as the patch is up that you are reloading.

The end.

My favorite is when you watch the top dps peeps on raids drop their dps consistency when mq2 is down, especially the melee cause of mq2melee stuff not at their disposal.

My favorite is when you watch the top dps peeps on raids drop their dps consistency when mq2 is down, especially the melee cause of mq2melee stuff not at their disposal.

That's me to a Tee . Too damn many buttons to mash.

haha

Hell i don't even know what buttons to mash anymore.

Takes guts to use MQ2Melee during a raid. I hope you're not the MT. Unless you're in a "MQ-friendly guild".

In the old days many players were clueless about MQ and guildies would totally not notice signs that would be obvious to a fellow MQer. That's how I met a guildie who became a good friend and my "partner in crime" in-game when we both realized we were "enhancing" our gaming experience. Even I didn't realize he was a MQer for a long time until I started getting suspicious about his incredible ability to anticipate what kind of mob was lurking around the next corner, even without using an Eye of Zomm.

But these days I think players are less clueless.

its not so much melee as it its moveutils (stick.....)

When I used to play my paladin, I would be able to use mq2melee in raids. Just have to know the commands and how to use it as a tank to help yourself. Its fairly easy to use it as tank if you know commands. As dealings said make sure you have moveutils turned off.

Yea, certainly no moveutils on raids. MT is fine with melee, being an off tank and forgetting to turn off agro stuff when dps'ing the main mob can be fun though, not that i know this from experience or anything...

your assist main (raid) should have a melee aggro=0 command in there somewhere :)

and your aggro hotkey should have melee aggro=1

cause yea otherwise it can be a pain in the ass

I never really messed around with mq2melee, i'm assuming you guys are talking about having keys/abilities being pressed for u automatically during raids/groups. Is this possible for mq2melee with caster classes? I always play my main toon in my bot groups by myself and just have everything else on macros, but would be kinda cool not to have to click stuff all the time once in a while. lol. Especially for classes like a necro where u gotta cast 12+ dots.

its not so much melee as it its moveutils (stick.....)

No kidding. WHen they see a ranger or rogue or zerker skidding around to the mob's backside, that's a dead giveaway. That really should be turned off. Everyone has the riposte AA.

Its possible to setup a macro to have the necro cast all 12 dots and re-apply as needed.

12 dots on a raid mob maybe

in a grp its alot less or the grp sucks

petesampras has a great necro macro (actually THE best necro macro)

you can set up melee to do alot of caster functions but yes a macro is far more

efficient.

Keep in mind too input devices like the Razer Naga and the Logitech G110 keyboards allow for programmed keys with auto-repeat functions. Very useful for chain-casting when you're in a situation where maybe you don't want to risk using programmed cheats.

No kidding. WHen they see a ranger or rogue or zerker skidding around to the mob's backside, that's a dead giveaway. That really should be turned off. Everyone has the riposte AA.
Keep in mind some of us don't play. ;)

Are you saying all toons don't have to worry about any of that, from level 1? If so, I can remove it. If not, then people need to set their own stickcmd in the ini.

If you indicate that it should NEVER stick behind, I'll move it to the same as if it detects you are a tank.

htw

I'd say most classes at the higher levels / AAs don't need to be behind. might be nice to have the option to toggle it. personally I changed the stick cmd to not move behind

it might be nice to have the option

stick behind is far from optional if you are anywhere but boxing in an instance though

I have never had a problem with this, as far as I know. I use this stick cmd:
stickcmd=22 hold !front loose

So my melee guys are anywhere but in front of the mob. I suppose the "loose" part is what keeps them from trying to get back behind the mob if they pull aggro. In a raid environment I guess it would be a bit different, but I don't think I would be running a macro while raiding.

When just grouping, It also helps to have pulls setup appropriately for the melee. So they are already behind the mob when its engaged.

Maybe I'm just thinking differently.... in a group setting, I havnt actually grouped with a random player in years. I either play with other hackers or just box. So i probably wouldn't notice unless their name was "hacker".