How to parse your own spell info

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
EQ spell info and How to parse your own spell info

I've used my own excel sheet for parsing spell data for years now. I hadn't updated it since the latest spell changes but there were a lot of changes in the data. DBG condensed the slot data into a single field, which makes it slight harder to parse out, but gives you more info with less fields. This is why we had to go to the new SpellSlot style.

The realigned fields now have a portion at the end with a series of pipes separating fields, and dollar signs separating slots. ie:
Code:
[COLOR=Magenta]Slot#[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Orange]Attrib#[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Yellow]Base#[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]|Base2_#[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Cyan]Calc#[/COLOR]|[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Max#[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]$[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]1[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Orange]413[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Lime]0[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Cyan]100[/COLOR]|[COLOR=DarkOrchid]0[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]$[/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]2[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Orange]411[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Yellow]131070[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Lime]0[/COLOR]|[COLOR=Cyan]100[/COLOR]|[COLOR=DarkOrchid]0[/COLOR]
translates to:
Slot=1
Attrib1=413
Base1=1
Base2_1=0
Calc1=100
Max1=0

Slot=2
Attrib2=2
Base2=131070
Base2_2=0
Calc2=100
Max2=0

So anyway, i updated my excel to show all the fields for when i research spells for mq2bot to figure out what everything does and how to automate detection by spell properties. I will post the full log, but in the future you can do it yourself by using the following steps.

How to use:
Download the excel. Open the file.
Go to your Everquest folder, open up up your spells_us.txt
Copy all from the spells_us.txt
Paste into first worksheet of the excel start in row 3 (leave the header info obviously.)
Go to Data Tab in excel and choose "text to column"
Choose Delimiter, change to other and make "^" your delimiter

This will populate all the fields through column 173. You need to repeat the delimiter but this time use a "$" as your delimiter. This will bust out 12 columns of data.

Starting with the 12th column and working backwards, copy the whole relevant column and paste into the "Slot12" etc columns. Once youve copied all 12, delimit each column again by "|". Tada.

I would have made it a macro but i only update it once a year or so i got lazy.

Attachments

• EQSpellData.xlsx
    16 MB · Views: 29