How to connect to a remote pc on /bca stuff?

militarebear

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Greetings, I was wondering if someone has the time to explain how to connect the eqbcs from one geographical location to another.
Situation: I have internet provider that I use a router to get my local ip addresses (the 192..etc). My bro has a similar set up but is located in a different state. I would like my bro to connect to my eqbcs. What do we have to change (and where) to get his computer to be able to 'ping' and participate on my computer?

Being able to send /bca and /bcaa to both our systems would be sooo much better, especially when one of us wants to call it quits for the night but the other wants to stay up and game some more. )

I hope that makes sense. I know my provider ip but besides this I'm a little lost. Any takers?? ))
Respectfully,
militarebear

all you would have to do is have your brother connect to your eqbc server assuming you hosted one, to set up the eqbc servers just follow the wiki on it and you should be good to go on that! this is all also assuming he uses bugs or mq2

V/R

Yibi

I could be mistaken but I would say just have your brother connect to your eqbc server using the ip address and port you are using for the host

I could be mistaken but I would say just have your brother connect to your eqbc server using the ip address and port you are using for the host

This is basically the jist of it.

Only thing I would recommend is setting your computer to a static IP and getting an outside Static IP that you connect too.

This site should be able to help you with that.
http://www.dnsexit.com/

From that point just have him connect to you via the IP you use for dnsexit.com and have all that traffic routed to your static IP with the server running on it.

You will need to perform the following steps:

1. Make sure EQBCS is working for you locally. -- done.
2. Configure your router to accept outside traffic and send it to EQBCS.
** This will be specific to your router **

See: port forwarding http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

3. Try connecting to your EQBCS using your external address.
4. Get your brother your external address and have your brother log in.

Check the wiki here. Pretty sure they had some pretty detailed how to.

The port that you use for EQBC needs to be forwarded through your router and firewall to the PC that's hosting the server. Ideally, you would have the computer running EQBC on a static IP address for your local network. You can use a free service like no-ip.com to give you a domain name that your brother can use to access the server, so even if your internet IP changes, he can still connect. (Provided you update your IP with no-ip when it changes.)

To set your computer to a static IP on your network, open up Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center. On the left hand side click on Change Adapter Settings. Right click on the adapter used for your internet connection and hit properties. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties. Now, open up a command prompt by typing in cmd in the search box on the start menu, and type in ipconfig.
The IPv4 address is your computers local IP, you will want to make the last number higher so other computers on the network are not ever assigned the IP used for your EQBC server. Other than that, copy the other values over. Hit Apply/OK and either reboot the computer, or reset the network adapter.

So the external address I give my bro is the isp address? The 72.. not the 192..., correct? I think I have set up port forwarding correctly (we'll see). ))

Last edited:
Yes - give your brother the "72..." number and make sure you can connect using it as well. ** some routers don't support looping back so it might fail for you and still work for your bother.

Last edited:
I highly recommend using an external IP address that is static unless your ISP provider gives you a static IP.

Yes - give your brother the "72..." number and make sure you can connect using it as well. ** some routers don't support looping back so it might fail for you and still work for your bother.

For your own use, just use 127.0.0.1

Hi i am trying to do the same thing. I am using my android phone to help me figure out if it will work from 1 computer here and a friends computer in another city. I have tried multiple things. Trying to get this to work with the eqbc mobile app using the phone's 4g. I don't have any problem connecting with wifi being on same local network to the eqbc. As soon as i turn the wifi off to use the 4g and then try to connect it tells me it can't connect.
I am severly confused and need some help please. I have set my computer to a DHCP reserved IP through the router settings, pretty much the same thing as static for the most part right?

I have also setup a port fowarding for port for external and internal port being the same # for both protocals. Also set IPv4 Address for that port to the same ip address that i reserved for my computer(static ip).

On the computer in the eqbc menu i set the port to same # mentioned above, I am not exactly sure which # i set for Bind IP here on the computer in eqbc. (I have tried the same that i set as the reserved static ip address, among several others including 0.0.0.0)

On the mobile phone app I assume i keep the same port # i am forwarding to in the router menu that i did above. I am unsure what the "server address" is suppose to be on the eqbc mobile phone app. I have tried several including 0.0.0.0 and the static ip reserved for my computer, the same that i needed for the EQBC Bind IP on the computer.

So as you can see i have learned a little the technology"slang" I am not good at in trying to figure it out. I am doing something wrong but i think I am close. Thanks for any help in advanced!

Hi i am trying to do the same thing. I am using my android phone to help me figure out if it will work from 1 computer here and a friends computer in another city. I have tried multiple things. Trying to get this to work with the eqbc mobile app using the phone's 4g. I don't have any problem connecting with wifi being on same local network to the eqbc. As soon as i turn the wifi off to use the 4g and then try to connect it tells me it can't connect.
I am severly confused and need some help please. I have set my computer to a DHCP reserved IP through the router settings, pretty much the same thing as static for the most part right?

I have also setup a port fowarding for port for external and internal port being the same # for both protocals. Also set IPv4 Address for that port to the same ip address that i reserved for my computer(static ip).

On the computer in the eqbc menu i set the port to same # mentioned above, I am not exactly sure which # i set for Bind IP here on the computer in eqbc. (I have tried the same that i set as the reserved static ip address, among several others including 0.0.0.0)

On the mobile phone app I assume i keep the same port # i am forwarding to in the router menu that i did above. I am unsure what the "server address" is suppose to be on the eqbc mobile phone app. I have tried several including 0.0.0.0 and the static ip reserved for my computer, the same that i needed for the EQBC Bind IP on the computer.

So as you can see i have learned a little the technology"slang" I am not good at in trying to figure it out. I am doing something wrong but i think I am close. Thanks for any help in advanced!
Data gets routed from 1 system (IP), to another, another, etc. - for example, from your phone, to your computer, and back. When on your local network with both, that is likely just through a switch (normal switch, or the switch built into your router), so effectively just 1 is connected to the other (local network). Those IPs you use, that your router or other server gives you either via DHCP, or static, are not internet 'routeable'.

What you need when connected outside your local network, e.g. via 4g on your phone, is the public internet IP that your ISP assigned to your router (modem or gateway) WAN port. You can get that via your router status page. That's why you need port forwarding (well one of the reasons) to set incoming connections to port XXX to forward to private IP computer X.X.X.X on port XXX. Any outside person on the internet, including yourself with your phone, would connect to the public IP on port XXX, and that gets forwarded to the private LAN IP (your eqbcs computer) on port XXX, and once the connection is established, they talk back and forth for the session.

Here is an example of what my setup COULD be:

Router/cablemodem/dslmodem:
Public (ISP assigned) IP: 205.119.32.104
Private (internal network) IP: 192.168.1.1

EQBCS computer:
Private (internal network) IP: 192.168.1.2

On router, you would set up a port forward, let's say port 2112 - any incoming connection to router on TCP port 2112 gets forwarded to internal IP 192.168.1.2 port 2112.

On EQBCS computer, it is listening on TCP port 2112, IP 0.0.0.0 (easiest that way, although you can certainly set it to the private IP it has, i.e. 192.168.1.2).

If connected to your LAN (wired or wireless), so you are on the private network with a private IP for your device (phone, tablet, pc, etc), you can just connect to that EQBCS computer private IP. So let's say I have a tablet with local private IP of 192.168.1.3, and I want to connect, I can just tell it to connect to 192.168.1.2 (the EQBCS system) on TCP port 2112.

If connecting from outside your local network, i.e. the internet, you can't see those 'private' IP networks. You would need to connect to the public IP of your router, and then that will get forwarded to the proper internal (private) computer - assuming you have port forwarding done properly.

In the above example, if you are on the internet with phone with 4g, then you would tell it to connect to IP 205.119.32.104 on port 2112. Your router would forward that to the internal PC of 192.168.1.2 port 2112, and connection established.

Hope that's clear enough.

htw

What you need when connected outside your local network, e.g. via 4g on your phone, is the public internet IP that your ISP assigned to your router (modem or gateway) WAN port. You can get that via your router status page.

Public (ISP assigned) IP: 205.119.32.104

The Public ISP used in your example obviously different then mine was exactly what i was looking for and i guess i didnt understand that I needed a public seperate from Private IP. It makes sense but since i was unable to locate it and didnt look at the status page to see a different set of #s that included IP in the description of what the numbers were i didnt try it. This was exactly what i needed and i tested it and it works like a charm now. Thanks very much for your extremely fast reply HTW and I hope it helps others who were unable to figure it out like me!