How to activate Hidden Blade

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to get my rogue to use the Hidden Blade ability every time it is up. This is how I have it set up in the ini:

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Cast.Ready[Hidden Blade]}) /casting "Hidden Blade"

What am I missing here, or am I just way off?!

Thanks!

/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Hidden Blade]}) /disc "Hidden Blade"

Not tested, but that is a disc correct?

/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Hidden Blade]}) /disc "Hidden Blade"

Not tested, but that is a disc correct?

That's a disc yes ..the short duration buff has a chance to refresh it's 30s timer during combat (it tends to do this quite often) I don't really use mq2melee unless i'm boxing but wonder if it would be poss to do a check for 'Hidden Blade Effect' in song/shortbuff window before casting (similar to Thief's Eyes/Vision casting when the actual buff is down while in combat)

I believe the same applies to the monk/zerk version if this too

Last edited:
I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact it's a buff and not a damage effect. Would the way I have it configured that I posted work if it is a buff effect?

actually, I see how your post was different than mine rooster. I will try out /disc instead of /casting and see if that works.

thanks tons!!

Nope, it is still not firing. Any other ideas I can check into?

Code:
	/if (!${Me.Song[Hidden Blade Effect].ID}) {
		/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Hidden Blade]}) {
			/disc hidden blade
			/echo go hidden blade!
		}
	}

Would I put that in as a holyflag, etc? That looks promising. I will try it when I get home from work. Thanks!

holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Song[hidden blade effect].ID} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[hidden blade]}) /disc hidden blade

That's what you would put for what miseaujeu posted, except in a holyshit. Don't forget to turn on the associated holyflag.

htw

Yup, that fixed the issue. Thanks tons you guys!

holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Song[hidden blade effect].ID} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[hidden blade]}) /disc hidden blade

That's what you would put for what miseaujeu posted, except in a holyshit. Don't forget to turn on the associated holyflag.

htw

To get this to work I had to completely drop "!${Me.Song[hidden blade effect].ID}". When I used /echo it returned a value of !NULL. I tried using If[$,1,0] and various other things (I'm not a programmer so I was guessing from context clues) to try to make it return TRUE or FALSE, but I haven't figured it out. It matters very little though because if the ability is ready, then you probably need to put it back on cooldown anyway. I also had to add "Rk. III" behind "/disc hidden blade" to make it work.

To get this to work I had to completely drop "!${Me.Song[hidden blade effect].ID}". When I used /echo it returned a value of !NULL. I tried using If[$,1,0] and various other things (I'm not a programmer so I was guessing from context clues) to try to make it return TRUE or FALSE, but I haven't figured it out. It matters very little though because if the ability is ready, then you probably need to put it back on cooldown anyway. I also had to add "Rk. III" behind "/disc hidden blade" to make it work.
Your post made me go check the code - and I see there is a mistake in the core code, which might explain why you see NULL (you do not need to add rk. ii or rk. iii to CombatAbilityReady, Buff, ShortBuff, etc. in our compile). Core is not checking all potential Song slots though. Will be in next release. Thanks for posting!

htw

To force a real FALSE use Bool like this:
Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Bool[${Me.Song[hidden blade effect].ID}]}==FALSE && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[hidden blade]}) /disc hidden blade