How do you Swarm pull?

diamondmine

Reaction score
Hey all

I have an Sk that I am currently working on to be my main tank. I have approx 1500 aa currently, which are basically defense and leaching AA to lvl 80. I am interested in Swarm pulling. Currently I am unable to do it but I would like to head in that direction.

There are no guides on this but I was hoping that someone would share the information. My question are what are the required AA, Spells, what level should you start attempting this.

If anyone has information for me that would be awesome.

Thanks

Diamondmine

evilgamer.net should have all that you need. swarming isn't pulling its soloing mass light blues using MC and 2.0 to heal.

A little more info is needed hp/ac weapons. Did i say weapons have a lot to with how well it works. The biggest thing i see issks not pulling enough mobs to make there mc or epic clicks work.
Here is how i do it. I normal pull 100 or so light blue mobs back my tail some where and 1st hit deflection and burn one down as fast as i can and hope mc fires. If that don't work i hit my epic and hope mc fires. if that don't work i hit lc and hope mc fires. if that don't work i load in my cleric to rez and repeat ....

Last edited:
1st spire helps alot while burning the 1st few down trying for a mc proc, along with max dot crit aa.

Are there any effects that block the MC firing on SKs (buffs, clickies, etc)? I can't remember the last time I had a firing of MC, and it's been a really, really long time.

Are there any effects that block the MC firing on SKs (buffs, clickies, etc)? I can't remember the last time I had a firing of MC, and it's been a really, really long time.

MC only fires on kill shots. Being why Xtarget makes it so easy for Sks, they just cycle what ever Xtarget is lowest when MC is down until it fires then they go for the highest.

There is a small chance you'll get a MC that stops other MCs from sticking.

dont forget visage of death AA when its up to enhance the rapeage

Can do a pull click epic right before they hit. select highest DPS weapon and fire visage. Then just cycle through mobs on extended target tossing in instant cast dots. With visage running you should have no issue killing several mobs before epic runs out. Without Visage you will need to focus your DPS on a few mobs to get them dead before epic/MC runs out. Unless your epic/MC is about to run out dont stay on a mob till its dead. Beat them down a bit toss on instant dots and move on. This way you can get several near death for when epic/mc is about to fade. The killing part of swarming is only half the battle. Learning pathing and where good corners are is also a major part of it especially if your not as well geared. It is possible to swarm kill without a corner but you have to pay alot of attention to the push from the mobs. Rampage range is shorter than your hit range. So you wind up having to constantly move back in to negate push without a corner. Rampage only works from the front so if you get alot of mobs behind you or off on a side you will not get enough heals to live.

There is a small chance you'll get a MC that stops other MCs from sticking.

If this happens, you have a 30 second window from when the debuff wears off to when MC wears off. Just work down high health ones until the blocker fades, then kill a bunch really quick to get it restacked.

Or save your epic for it.

If you have full spell extension AAs that window opens up to about 1 min.

another suggestion, if you have a cleric bot with you, use Shining Rampart type spell (level 90 and 95) this spell will Stun mobs up to its level (90 or 95) and Heals you, the heal has a chance to go off every time a mob swings at you, so for swarm pulling it heals A LOT. However, mercs will not cast this spell, so you have to have a bot.

I use this to swarm pull on my warrior with no issue in Mech Guardian and Fort Mech, pulling 50+ mobs at a time. So has big potential hahah, knights it works even better sense you can crit the heal.

Last edited:
I use the Shinning Rampart method as well. I swarm assassinate in Fort Mech with my rogue, super sexy exp. Just grab a ton of mobs, run in a few circles to bunch up the mobs, and find a nice corner!

Shining rampart allows you some leeway in the number of mobs you pull. Gives you a small safety net. Usually for SK swarm pulling relying on melee lifetap damage, the more mobs the better as more ripostes = more healing self, but there's a critical mass point you have to know how to gauge. Shining rampart widens the "appropriate amount of mobs you can pull" range by quite a bit.