hmm how will this effect map?

Public

Reaction score
- Changes have been made to the way the client is notified about other entities (players, NPCs, etc.) in the zone.

You can bet that it probably means that a lot of work will need to be done on the source.

atleast now people wont beable to look at map and see ya warping around a zone:)

Will be really hard to warp around without locs. :mad:

Good thing that guy finished getting all his zonewide dumps of non-instance zones before this patch. I remember viewing the map example with the npc's that he linked when people were wondering why he wanted all that information and if he's able to incorporate that into his maps, he'll still be able to know where all the non-roaming npc's are.

from initial looking at the exe, your client may no longer know about see invis mobs (or they changed the way that worked). Which means you might not be able to see those annoying fucking rouges on the map that come watch you bot :(

so now the almost extinct elder mobs in crystallos are just about never gonna be messed with and bloodmoon assassins will enjoy their raping of unprepared puller, not to mention any other zones that have sos ph for named.

you can still see anything in game that is SoS with 2 see invis worn items on fyi.

No reason to be blind about it with or without MQ.

Looks like /waypoint is going to be our new best friend.

you can still see anything in game that is SoS with 2 see invis worn items on fyi.

No reason to be blind about it with or without MQ.

Wow I didn't know that, good info. Thanks Pepper

hahahahahahaha

SKlug

EQ Coder

After some internal discussion we have decided to disable the proximity detection in a patch this week (time TBA). This will allow us to try and separate what seem to be multiple different problems and figure out what is proximity related and what is not. Meanwhile, test will still be running with proximity, so that we can continue to tune that code path.

The change will amount to basically having infinite proximity. It's not reverting the code back (doing that would take far too much time, as we'd have to re-test other changes that have been made on top of the proximity changes), it's simply giving you an infinite proximity that includes everything in the zone. So you will still experience stuttering when you first zone into a zone, but this is no different than what used to happen, except it used to keep the loading screen up until all of the NPCs are transferred.

Additionally, I'm going to talk with some folks around here to see what I can do to help resolve the apparently disconnect between us and players on Test. Changes like this are nearly impossible to test with our resources in internal QA, and have to be done with a reasonably sized player base. Stay tuned and I will let you know what we'll be doing on that front.

So, does that mean the kids on Test are not actually testing? And all their whining against allowing testcopies to their server really is a load of tripe?

fucking awesome, so now we get realtime updates for the whole zone?

wow...I feel bad for the slower bandwidth people.

fucking awesome, so now we get realtime updates for the whole zone?

wow...I feel bad for the slower bandwidth people.

Its so bad people on EQ forums were bitching that they would rather have GK back if they didnt have to deal with the new lag and zone crashes from this client switch. It messed up alot with npc finding, with /assist, game play stability.

this code really had very little effect on GK imo as they already pretty much made the point that if you GK you will get banned.
As for the reverting would take to much time. I say bullshit they have back ups from prior to the patch they could add in the stuff they want to keep that is not proximity related and push it live. They push bad patches regularly I really doubt anyone would bitch to much if this happened again. As long as the end result was a fix to the problem causing it.

this code really had very little effect on GK imo as they already pretty much made the point that if you GK you will get banned.
As for the reverting would take to much time. I say bullshit they have back ups from prior to the patch they could add in the stuff they want to keep that is not proximity related and push it live. They push bad patches regularly I really doubt anyone would bitch to much if this happened again. As long as the end result was a fix to the problem causing it.

most of anyone who surfs or visits an underground mq2/eq site would know GK is ista bann now. Those remarks were quotes coming from people on EQlive Forums. I just thought it was funny how people would rather have cheaters then to play with lag and major day to day bugs.