Help with Wiki Information

HardOne has been helping out with cleaning up the wiki a bit, you will see some changes starting to happen to try and simplify some of the page navigation.

I just cleaned up our Plugin List Page and noticed a few of plugins missing documentations.

MQ2EQDxFix

MQ2NoGold

MQ2VoiceCommand

We also need someone to write up some basic information on Using Plugins.

If you have some free time, any help with the above information on the wiki would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

wrote in for nogold and using plugins kinda, not sure what you want in there i just wrote out how to load plugins.

did a bit of searching, couldn't see anything for dxfix one, but voicecommand the source is here :
MQ2VoiceCommand.cpp - aenchanter00 - Source code for mq2 plugins - Google Project Hosting

I've never used it but from looking at the code, it will
* listen for voice input, which it translates to text, and then runs the resulting text, so you could say "tell lucity Hi! Wanna cyborz!" and the tell would be sent in eq.
* text-to-speech translate from eq chat messages, like tells, guild, raid, group, and read those messages out to you as they arrive.

the 2 top-level commands are /voice and /tts .... not sure if /voice conflicts with modern EQ commands.
There are several sub-commands and an ini file, better to just look them up in the source rather than repeat it all here.

No time to put it into the wiki myself right now, sorry.

I adjusted the "using plugins" text, wrote a bunch more. I have left the text Saar put there, since I didn't think it was my place to outright delete it. I know this means someone else will have to, sorry ;)

I was going to go back and add some more to the page but I have no time right now.

It's always fine. They can correct back and/or start a wiki discussion otherwise.

Htw

Yes, agreeing with htw. Feel free to edit, improve, and delete anything on the wiki. Just because the information is there, it doesn't means it's good, or useful.

It can always be restored by those that disagree.

Very well, I removed the section Saar authored, and included a section about ui reloading, which means all of Saar's info has been included & expanded upon

Thanks for the help with wiki. I'm back again asking for more help this week.

I want to flesh out two new pages.

What MMOBugs Offers

This page is going to be our marketing page about what MMOBugs offers, what MQ2 can do for you, and why you should sign up. It needs images, and be very convincing on why MMOBugs is right for you. It should touch on the community, marketplace, commission on user referrals, MQ2, and anything else you can think of, that is of value that MMOBugs offers. I will personally fly out and give a weeks worth of foot massages to someone who can do an amazing job on this page, as it's really been the bane of my existence lately. I really hate tooting our own horn about why we're the best but it's costing us a lot of new users not having an up to date page like this.

Beginners Guide To MQ2

I am also looking for a Beginners guide on MQ2. Talk about downloading MQ2, running MMOLoader, about not enabling every single plugin or you will have problems, then run over a few basic plugin commands, maybe MQ2Map, MQ2MoveUtils, MQ2AutoAcceptGroup, just some basics. After this is done we are going to work on an Intermediate guide, so keep it basic for new users. We can get a bit more complicated on next guide. Pictures are are a must to make it easy to follow and understand.

I will give away a few free months of membership, and some kronos, to reward those who help out with the wiki this month.

If you have some spare time it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Thrown together some very basic info the Beginners Guide, having issues working in basic html lol been so long I've forgotten how to use it :p
Will put up a few more pic when I remember how to use rows to match across columns :p

Thrown together some very basic info the Beginners Guide, having issues working in basic html lol been so long I've forgotten how to use it :p
Will put up a few more pic when I remember how to use rows to match across columns :p

Thank you so much Quackanator. I've extended your subscription for three months for the work you've put in. I really appreciate it, nice job on the article.