Help with simple AFK farming

rand0m11

Reaction score
I want to try to afk farm on an emu server, but cant get it to work. Most of the up to date methods I have found seem to not work on older clients (I am using SOD).

The most promising method I have tried so far is using MQ2AdvPath and downshits, but I still cant get it working properly. Basically, I want to have a setup that looks something like this:

/play loop1
/if enemyrange=close /advpath pause, /attack, /loot
/if noenemyinrange /advpath resume

I want it to continuously follow the loop1 path I have recorded using MQ2AdvPath. This path takes me right on top of aggro spawns. When I get within melee range of a mob, I want to auto attack it until dead, loot all items, then continue on the loop1 path. I dont even need to use MQ2Melee, as just auto attacks would work.

It seems very simple, but I've spent quite a few hours trying different ways to get it to work and have gotten nowhere. I can follow the path fine, but I cant get it to stop and attack when it gets aggro. Even if I did get that, I wouldnt know how to make it loot.

Can someone with more experience than I please help me out with this?

You should be able to use MQ2CLoot or MQ2AdvLoot for looting. There are also a few macro includes floating around that will do it - and the commands to do it are pretty simple, overall. Try a plugin first, if that is not working, let me know which server so I can take a look.

I'm pretty sure MQ2CLoot is probably lifetime, I will change it up here shortly - no need for that on SOD client (that way you can try it).

When you get attacked (aggro), what do these show:

${Melee.GotAggro}
${Melee.Status}
${Target.ID}

For the last one, i.e., are you getting auto-target from aggro?

htw

FYI, updated MQ2CLoot for SOD, so it is premium, not lifetime. Update via loader, if you want to try it out.

htw

You should be able to use MQ2CLoot or MQ2AdvLoot for looting. There are also a few macro includes floating around that will do it - and the commands to do it are pretty simple, overall. Try a plugin first, if that is not working, let me know which server so I can take a look.

I'm pretty sure MQ2CLoot is probably lifetime, I will change it up here shortly - no need for that on SOD client (that way you can try it).

When you get attacked (aggro), what do these show:

${Melee.GotAggro}
${Melee.Status}
${Target.ID}

For the last one, i.e., are you getting auto-target from aggro?

htw

Thanks alot for the help.

When I do a echo of those I get:

${Melee.GotAggro} = FALSE
${Melee.Status} = WAITING
${Target.ID} = 63

Still having the same problem, I cant get MQ2AdvPath to stop and let me kill the mobs. I am trying to accomplish that with something like this:

downflag1 = 1
downflag2 = 1
downshit1 = /if (${Melee.GotAggro}) /play pause
downshit2 = /if (!${Melee.GotAggro} && ${AdvPath.Paused}) /play unpause

in the ini created from /melee save. It never recognizes that I am in combat/have aggro, so it wont pause. I figure once I get it to pause, I will worry about having it attack.

Is the best way to accomplish this with mq2melee? It is basically just set to stick and auto attack. I am only really using it for the downshit. I have a feeling a macro might be better, especially when I get the pathing to work and have to worry about looting.

Thanks you for changing MQ2CLoot to premium. I will give it a try as soon as I figure out the pathing/combat.

Do you have any suggestions? I will try to write some pseudo-code for the macro here in a bit and see if that would work any better.

FYI, updated MQ2CLoot for SOD, so it is premium, not lifetime. Update via loader, if you want to try it out.

htw

Can we get it updated for Underfoot too please? :)

Damn, still cant get it to work.

It seems so simple in theory. Its actually the only reason I subbed to here. I am surprised AFK farming is not more popular - I thought that was one of the biggest perks of MQ2.

Still open to suggestions if anyone can help.

You'll need to build a macro if you want to do what you're wanting.

it may also be probable that people wont trip over themselves to hand u some information for your own good and theirs

You'll need to build a macro if you want to do what you're wanting.

Yeah, I thought so. I am working on it now, but not having much luck.

it may also be probable that people wont trip over themselves to hand u some information for your own good and theirs

I am not allowed to ask for help because I joined this month? How many months do I have to be here so I can ask for help?

I am clearly already trying to work on it on my own, just cant figure it out.

Don't think ${Melee.GotAggro} is going to work. Try using :

${Me.XTarget} or ${Target.ID} or ${Me.XTarget[1].ID}

downshit1 = /if (${Target.ID} && ${Target.Distance}<50 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /multiline ; /play pause ; /attack on ; /stick 10

downshit2 = /if (${Target.Type.NotEqual[NPC]} && ${AdvPath.Paused}) /play unpause

Also check out the wiki and look for "Top Level Object" spawn, me, target. Using those you can get a lot of info.

Should check out the Mq2Melee wiki as well it has lots of commonly used checks.

How about putting in event sub(s), that can set a flag (variable, such as a bool, GotHit or whatever) that your macro checks? The event (using macro sub or MQ2Events) could watch for the text when you get hit, that would pause path & engage mob(s), and the one for mob death, could cause you to loot & continue path (if no more mobs). Wanna try that?

Another thing is you could always check if a NPC is really close, e.g. within melee range, and pause & attack at that point.

htw