Help with mq2melee (trying to get this to back pets off on enrage)

Darkon

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have read the wiki and as far as I understand mq2melee should back my pets off during enrage. That is not happening. Melee is loaded it responds to commands I.E can /melee save and /melee load and get the expected replies in the MQ window. here is my ini any help would be appreciated.

Code:
[MQ2Melee]
enrage=1
facing=1
groupcheck=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petassist=1
petenrage=1
pethold=0
petinfuriate=1
petmend=30
petrange=10
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
pothealover=0
resume=20
standup=1
stickrange=50
version=5.261
ShowDebug=0
ShowAbility=0
ShowAttacking=1
ShowCasting=0
ShowControl=0
ShowEnraging=1
ShowFeign=1
ShowOverride=1
ShowProvoking=0
ShowSticking=1
ShowStunning=0
ShowSwitching=1
ShowAltAbility=0
ShowCombatAbility=0
ShowSpecial=0

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<11) /pet back off

or here is some other ones if you wanna fool around with it.
[MQ2Melee]
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downflag3=1
holyflag0=1
holyflag1=1
holyflag2=1
holyflag3=1
holyflag4=1
holyflag5=1
holyflag6=1
holyflag7=1
holyflag8=1
holyflag9=1
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Familiar: Emerald Sokokar].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Familiar: Emerald Sokokar].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting 79697|ammo
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Maelin's Meditation].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Maelin's Meditation].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting 105720|waist
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Form of Endurance VI].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Endurance VI].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting 106746|face
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Knowledge of the Past V].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Knowledge of the Past V].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting 110548|ring
holyshit0=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Force of Elements]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Force of Elements" alt
holyshit1=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Malosinete]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>85) /casting "Malosinete" alt
holyshit2=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fire Core]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Fire Core" alt
holyshit3=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Host of the Elements]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Host of the Elements" alt
holyshit4=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Servant of Ro]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Servant of Ro" alt
holyshit5=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: First Spire of the Elements]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Fundament: First Spire of the Elements" alt
holyshit8=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Frenzied Burnout]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting "Frenzied Burnout" alt
holyshit6=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<90) /casting 110170|chest
holyshit7=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<95) /casting 19839|inventory
holyshit9=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Stone Core]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<70) /casting "Stone Core" alt

Darkon, it should work. You are a melee class right? In combat? mq2melee will work for paper classes, but you'd have at least have attack on for options like that.

htw

Darkon, it should work. You are a melee class right? In combat? mq2melee will work for paper classes, but you'd have at least have attack on for options like that.

htw

not melee class Pet class Mage to be specific. .

Hrmm they way I read the Wiki made me think that it would control the pet to make it back off when it saw the enrage message and then re-engage the mob after it showed the no longer enraged message My bad on that.

I use MQ2events for casters

[enrage]
trigger=#*#has become ENRAGED#*#
command=/pet back off

[nolongerenrage]
trigger=#*#is no longer enraged#*#
command=/pet attack
Nice idea man! And I like your avatar lol.

htw

pets not backing off

I was poking through the mq2melee dll, just to see what I could find out on this subject. As, I far as I can tell... when enrage pops up, melee tells your pet to back off (/pet back) which no longer works, so pet does not disengage and dies. Which can be checked in game by typing [/pet back] as a command nothing happens.

But, if that were changed from (/pet back) to (/pet back off) in mq2melee file, I believe our enrage death of pets would disappear. Unfortunately, changing that error is way out of my realm when it comes to computer smarts.

I was poking through the mq2melee dll, just to see what I could find out on this subject. As, I far as I can tell... when enrage pops up, melee tells your pet to back off (/pet back) which no longer works, so pet does not disengage and dies. Which can be checked in game by typing [/pet back] as a command nothing happens.

But, if that were changed from (/pet back) to (/pet back off) in mq2melee file, I believe our enrage death of pets would disappear. Unfortunately, changing that error is way out of my realm when it comes to computer smarts.
I can do that, and will post when it's up. If you'd report back after that, on results, would be cool. Thanks for pointing it out.

htw

Works but 1 thing I noticed ~

That fix works does work htw ~ But, the one thing I noticed while testing it, was that the "enrage detection" did not always fire when a mob would enrage.
I was testing it out on giants in Frostcrypt and the "enrage detection" only fired on 1 out of the 7 giants that I fought in Frostcrypt. But the one time that "enrage detection" happened, my pet was successfully backed off from the mob.

I will throw out my mq2melee setting, just in case... :confused:

Code:
[MQ2Melee]
enrage=1
facing=1
groupcheck=1
infuriate=1
petassist=1
petenrage=1
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
resume=20
stickrange=50
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downflag3=1
downflag4=1
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Form of Endurance V].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Endurance V].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Flattened Ring Gear"
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Aura of Pure Arcanum].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Aura of Pure Arcanum].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Crown of the Froglok Kings"
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Geomantra].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Geomantra].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Spiral Earpin"
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Salik's Expansive Mind].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Salik's Expansive Mind].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Leather Diaphragm"
downshit4=/if (${Spell[Soothing Puff of Breath I].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Soothing Puff of Breath I].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Mantle of Mesh"
version=5.285

Last edited:
The one that is up now has some adjustments to it. It was using some odd logic around if you had both infuriate & enrage on. Hopefully the flags will catch properly now.

To make sure we are on same page, you & pet have to be engaged on same target, i.e., you can't be off on another or whatnot. Not saying you were, but just wanna make sure!

htw

I will test it out the next time that I am in game.

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. What you are saying is if there are two mobs in camp and they both enrage at low health(as most if not all giants in frostcrypt do) pet and I need to have same target engaged(as attack on)?

I do not remember having to have attack on before in order for pet to back off when a mob enrages. But, maybe that is because I haven't really ran across a area(except Frostcrypt) where there is more than 1 mob in camp, at a time, that enrages... heh

If I do need to have attack on, is there a setting that I need to have set properly so that my mage does not run up and start attacking the mob when I turn attack on?

Thanks for looking at this, it was pissing me off to constantly watch my pet die to enrage, when he should have been backing off.

I will test it out the next time that I am in game.

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. What you are saying is if there are two mobs in camp and they both enrage at low health(as most if not all giants in frostcrypt do) pet and I need to have same target engaged(as attack on)?

I do not remember having to have attack on before in order for pet to back off when a mob enrages. But, maybe that is because I haven't really ran across a area(except Frostcrypt) where there is more than 1 mob in camp, at a time, that enrages... heh

If I do need to have attack on, is there a setting that I need to have set properly so that my mage does not run up and start attacking the mob when I turn attack on?

Thanks for looking at this, it was pissing me off to constantly watch my pet die to enrage, when he should have been backing off.
Ya, at this point they need same target (always have). Maybe we can collaborate into some better handling of that. :)

As far as keeping your mage from engaging, I'd just turn off stick: /melee stickrange=0 save

htw