help please

doa

Reaction score
so im wanting to start back to eq and the only box set i had to install on my laptop was the anniversary one with the buried sea in it so i installed it and got internet on the laptop

but now every time i click the EQ icon i get a download error and it wont do anything...i went to the knowledge base for sony and it said something about making a new folder which im not sure how i did it since im kindof illiterate when it comes to computers lol

but somehow i got the new folder and the patcher popped up i stopped the patcher from its download to click the eq icon and still the error message

so i guess my question is how do i get it to all work for me? i really regret quitting eq 6months ago:/ any help would be greatly appreciated i do have vista on the laptop and been told its what screws with eq

so im wanting to start back to eq and the only box set i had to install on my laptop was the anniversary one with the buried sea in it so i installed it and got internet on the laptop

but now every time i click the EQ icon i get a download error and it wont do anything...i went to the knowledge base for sony and it said something about making a new folder which im not sure how i did it since im kindof illiterate when it comes to computers lol

but somehow i got the new folder and the patcher popped up i stopped the patcher from its download to click the eq icon and still the error message

so i guess my question is how do i get it to all work for me? i really regret quitting eq 6months ago:/ any help would be greatly appreciated i do have vista on the laptop and been told its what screws with eq

Go to the EQ website and download their patcher. Put it inside the folder that your CDs made when you installed it. Then run it from there. will save you a lot of time downloading the FULL eq, and gives you the newest eq patcher from their site.

Hope that helps,

Vyral

so download the whole ETN and put it in my eq folder? sorry im a bit slow when it comes to computers

Actually I recommend downloading the new station launcher at http://launcher.station.sony.com
and using that. Just point it at the install dir if it can't find it on it's own.

Co-incidentally, using the launcher versus using the old patcher, I re-download all the s3d files on my laptop depending on which I use. Trying to figure that one out.

yup

so download the whole ETN and put it in my eq folder? sorry im a bit slow when it comes to computers

Yes. Download it and install. After installed and you go to log in, enter your log in ID and PW, the launcher will see that you have a full paid EQ account and will download everything for you when you log in and not just the ETN stuff.
If you make sure that the ETN stuff installs into the same Directory as the titanium EQ you have already installed it will not need to download all those files again, and will only grab the ones you are missing.

c:\Programfile\Sony\Everquest the default dir.. or pretty close.

now im having issues when i hit play the screen flashes and i get an error message saying......

Everquest-window application error
The exception unknown exception software(0xc000005)occured in the application at location0x0346f1ee

click ok to terminate

/sigh just when i think i can play it sucks

so i got my laptop back last night and best buy was supposed to download eq and install it on my laptop

but theres just an escape to norrath icon on my desktop so i clicked it and started the 6 hours worth of patching while i slept

well this morning i wanted to log in and check out if they set all my hotkeys back into eqfiles but i get some kind of error when i hit play

it reads

eqgame.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found reinstalling the application may fix this problem

can you guys give me any help? if not im gonna go rip best buy a new one

install direct x from marchish 07 not just the main DX you download.

would the directx 9.0c redist from nov 08 work? im pretty illiterate with pcs just love playin eq

if not any chane of possibly gettin a web address link to what i need to dl

sorry for the hassle

yea that one should work. I couldnt remember when the Direct X 9c came out just know it originally came out in like 07

another dumb question once downloaded do i just keep it on desktop or put it somewhere for it to work? lol i know im such a dumbass when it comes to pcs

Once you DL Dx9c, if you get it from microsoft, it will come in a compressed file, just double click it since xp/vista come with a built in winzip clone and it should have a default location for it to go. Once it's done extracting it, go to the spot where it put it and find the setup.exe file. Run that and just follow the directions. When it's done, you'll have dx9c. What's bothering me though is the fact that I thought Vista came with DX10 which should be more than enough to play EQ with lol.

Just get http://www.mmobugs.com/files/dxwebsetup.exe and run it, let it update your directx.

A while back, the MS updater was being a bitch for some people, but they resolved it. dxwebsetup will make sure you have all the proper directx files up through the current (nov) release.

htw

Once you DL Dx9c, if you get it from microsoft, it will come in a compressed file, just double click it since xp/vista come with a built in winzip clone and it should have a default location for it to go. Once it's done extracting it, go to the spot where it put it and find the setup.exe file. Run that and just follow the directions. When it's done, you'll have dx9c. What's bothering me though is the fact that I thought Vista came with DX10 which should be more than enough to play EQ with lol.

I'm not aware of Vista coming with DX 10....I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate and had to download DX10 and install it....usually if your already running the same or higher version of DX it will let you know

I'm not aware of Vista coming with DX 10....I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate and had to download DX10 and install it....usually if your already running the same or higher version of DX it will let you know

It does come with DX10. The diff is, vista comes with DX10 only, but if you go "download DX10", it will also install all the previous dx dll's needed (like EQ needs DX9, so does wineq2, etc.).

Previous versions, such as XP and lower, came with no DX at all.

htw

Also if you use wineq + vista after a recent patch you now have to have DX 9c installed even though 10 comes with vista
(not that this guy is using it but its a useful tidbit)