Havent played since TSS

elf2000

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hello all, I haven't played Everquest since TSS. I actually had a top of the line character, top of the line raid gear, and a massive ammount of aa's. With that being said I am a 9 year vet just comin back to the game.

Sad to say but now I can tell that my current gear is basically trash not to mention My 4 accounts only lvl 75. (the inflation of gear is crazy)

I would love to enjoy leveling preferably by myself, and along the way pick up some easy loot to get myself back into descent shape.

I know virtually nothing about the game, but the oldschool lguk/solb missions that were recently done seem appealing. Is this something I would be able to do solo with my accts?

If not, I would appreciate any advice on how to advance myself best from lvl 75 with subpar gear to lvl 85 with descent gear. Keeping in mind, enjoying the game is high integrity.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I haven't played Everquest since TSS. I actually had a top of the line character, top of the line raid gear, and a massive ammount of aa's. With that being said I am a 9 year vet just comin back to the game.

Sad to say but now I can tell that my current gear is basically trash not to mention My 4 accounts only lvl 75. (the inflation of gear is crazy)

I would love to enjoy leveling preferably by myself, and along the way pick up some easy loot to get myself back into descent shape.

I know virtually nothing about the game, but the oldschool lguk/solb missions that were recently done seem appealing. Is this something I would be able to do solo with my accts?

If not, I would appreciate any advice on how to advance myself best from lvl 75 with subpar gear to lvl 85 with descent gear. Keeping in mind, enjoying the game is high integrity.

Thanks in advance!

If I were you, I would start working on SoD Void access. If you were raid geared from TSS, you should be fine. Work on getting OGH done, then move to Bloody Kithcor. Tank mercs are pretty stout if you need a tank, and the clerics are very good. When you need a break, try out Field of Scale zone to get some SoD group gear. Named spawn from any of the different creature types out there, so find a place that has mobs you can handle and go to town. If that stuff turns out to be over your head, head to Hills of Shade or Mech. Guardian for some levels.

Here is a website that has all the information you would need for the SoD expansion. I would definitely focus on getting the SoD tiers completed while getting the gear from that expansion along the way.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/SoD/index.html

Thank you very much. It seems like I missed the last level grinding phase, so looks pretty hard to find any groups. Any recommendations for easy experience to level up before I start SOD progression?

Thanks in advance again!

Thank you very much. It seems like I missed the last level grinding phase, so looks pretty hard to find any groups. Any recommendations for easy experience to level up before I start SOD progression?

Thanks in advance again!

First off, get up to date on expansions. That means, buy Seeds of Destruction (which includes all of the expansions to date). You didn't mention in your first post if you had done this already so if you have, skip to the next step.

Dragonscale Hills (DSH) is probably your best bet to start. You need to get re-acclimated to the game before you head to SoD zones. Do all the quests in DSH (including the repeatable ones) and you should be almost 78. Make note of the quests that send you inside the Mechamatic Guardian (MG or Mech Guardian). Those are the ones you want to repeat since they basically give you access to your own dungeon. For variety's sake, you might want to head to your old stomping grounds and do Valdeholm, Frostcrypt, and maybe Icefall (which are all Hot Zones right now). Between those 5 zones, you should hit 80 easily. I can also recommend treants in Loping Plains (port to the zone and you'll see them immediately) which is a nice, low impact camp that no one ever bothers with (at least on the lesser populated servers). I usually do that camp when I'm at work (it's very AFKable).

By that time, the whole 'riding a bike effect' should've kicked in. :)

As someone already mentioned, if you're TSS raid geared you are not in bad shape at all. It may seem like group gear has made your gear completely irrelevant, but your AC and Mod2s are going to be better than most group-geared folks. Couple your decent gear with the advent of mercs and you should be back in the game soon.

Also, I don't know what your playstyle is, but you could think about getting in with a good guild quickly as a way to get decent SoD group loot out of /gu rots and also to meet people again. However if you want to get into a raid guild you'll want to wait 'til you ding 85 to app. But if you like a more casual kinda deal, lots of good guilds will app you at 75.