Grummus in TBM

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Trying to 6 box the Grummus task in TBM and got wiped.

The team I used: 2 uber equiped rangers, mage, wiz, chanty & cleric

Killed 3 of the mini-named but the 4th wiped us.

I could swap out: as follows 1 or 2 beasts, Pally

I generate pretty good DPS. If I can kill the 4 minis, I can take Grummus.

All toons are 105 and well equiped TDS T3 & TBM T3 armor. The rangers are extra well equiped: some raid gear, TDS & TBM T7 augs.

Any strategy suggestions? Is there any way to pull just one or two of the minis?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Heard some saying you can range dps for the win. I didn't get chance to confirm on this, but can give a try.

I think you can range Grummus but you need to kill the 4 minis first.

Dogstar is right. You can range Grummus, but you have to take out all four minis at once. I experimented with trying to split them for hours. You know tag one and slowly draw him away until the others lose interest and path back. I had no real success, partly because I too was boxing. If you lose aggro, the event resets.

I lost this event a number of times trying different things. Now, I just straight up tank it. So you might try swapping in your paladin. My tank is solid. Max AA, discing, buffed he hits 1400 to 1500 AC depending on if there's a bard in the group or not. My core group is the warrior, cleric, two max AA-well-geared wizards, and my shaman. I then drop in whoever needs the flag.

I used to have trouble with the barrels. Now I just DPS the hell out of the four minis and the barrels never really become an issue. It's a quick, easy win.

My advice is drop your chanter. It's what I ended up doing. He adds little to the mix in this particular mission. In my opinion, more healing or more tanking will help. Paladin offers both? Give him a try in place of the chanter.

the enchanter offers lot of dps, my suggestion is if u can either tank all 4 minis and engage grumus within like 10 secs think after death of last one or kite 3 kill one, peel until all killed. That's the best way think if u can kite with ranger.

I forget, but I recall checking the spells each one casts and kill order changed it from being somewhat painful to super easy

I forget, but I recall checking the spells each one casts and kill order changed it from being somewhat painful to super easy

I burn Qezzin Adan first, because he has that AE Fear, FD, and 96,000+ damage single target spell. Once he's down, the other's don't seem so bad.

We just went full burn from the get go... SK tank kept aggro on everything, moved as needed to dodge bombs

We just went full burn from the get go... SK tank kept aggro on everything, moved as needed to dodge bombs

I 6 boxed it this way. Just burned literally everything. Clicked the looted pieces and burned again.

What Carb said.
I line up at the far right side as you are facing the line of mobs.
I tag the first one and startup burns.
The shit is dead with a quickness.

I auto follow everyone on my bard, drop the shield, run up to the boss /followstop everyone and let em finish burning down Grummus while ignoring everything else.

Maybe my burns are optimized, I dunno.
I drop Grannus in about 14 seconds also.