God I hate PayPal. Question.

Deflator

Reaction score
I bought a mage on FV from someone here via the classifieds.

Not realizing it, I forgot to re-add my credit and debit card after they both expired. My fault.

So I paid the money, and it sent him an E-Check, which said it won't clear until the 7th, instead of sending money instantly. So, now he won't give me the information until the e-check clears, which I understand.

I just went and added my new credit and debit cards to my account, so everything should work instantly now. Is there any way he can cancel the previous payment by e-check so I can pay him again instantly?

I really don't like the idea of an "e-check," and I didn't realize I was paying with one.

I don't have the guy's number, and he's not answering e-mail right now (could still be in bed, who knows, it's still early on the west coast.)

I asked him to cancel it in e-mail, and I'll resend it to him.

No blame on him, it's my fault, but I wish PayPal would have been more clear about me paying with an "e-check."

i did something similar when i first donated to the guys over at mq2 site, i donated to ieatacid and he/she (never know with their avatar) even had it fixed (refunded the e-check) before i contacted them on the issue. as far as doing something like a chargeback or canceling it yourself i do not know.

Whenever my CC expires and they renew it with a new expiration, I make it a point to login to everyplace I KNOW it's a factor to update. I don't go to the online purchase sites to update it there until I'm making my next purchase cause you never know when we find a place we like better and never return.

I always go to SoE and change all my account billing and Paypal and anyplace doing recurring billing automatically. The way I make sure not to forget someplace is just to browse thru all my Favorites cause anyplace my CC is being used is for sure in there.

paypal

he bought my account. the only issue i seem to be having is that when i go to refund a uncleared echeck , it trys to pull the amount from my balance like it has already cleared. I am sure the echeck will clear, but without having the funds in my account yet.. not sure how this works

If it's uncleared, it wont take funds from your account. If it does take funds, call paypal and I'm sure they'll fix it. I've refunded many echecks with no problems.

We talked on the phone and exchanged information. We've got everything sorted out.

It's better to just let the echeck clear

Refunding the echeck before it does will either take the funds from your balance or issue another echeck back to the buyer.

Either way it won't CANCEL the initial echeck. Once issued nothing can stop it other than letting it bounce.

The buyer will either have to let the echeck bounce twice, since their system automatically presents it twice, (which at my bank is $35 a pop) or be willing to have 2 payments charged to their account until the refund clears.

to add your CC / Bank to your account would take 3 days anyways and that would put you at or near the 7th.