Gamma control unavailable in EQ... Why?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hmmm.... strange issue, wondering if anyone has run into this. This just started after I made a new toon on Phinigel.

I have played in windowed mode for ages and never had a problem with adjusting my Gamma as needed. But now since I started on Phinigel the Gamma slider control is "N/A" if I play windowed. If I go full screen it comes back fine and it works fine, I can adjust brightness up and down.

In windowed mode it's kinda dark and frankly it's annoying as hell not to be able to change Gamma. I checked my Nvidia Menu and it is set to allow applications to control display settings.

Bear in mind this is a NEW problem and it seems to somehow be tied to making a toon on Phinigel, altho that doesn't really make sense.

I run Win7 and have a GeForce GTX 720 card, with all drivers kept current.

Any ideas?

Open the Alt-O options window - Display Tab - Advanced Options tab at the bottom then click the Enabled Window Gamma box (this is a new feature)

Hmm.... thanks for responding but I don't even have this option available to enable. :confused::confused:

open up your eqclient.ini file and under [Defaults] make sure your WindowedGamma=1

open up your eqclient.ini file and under [Defaults] make sure your WindowedGamma=1

This was the fix. Thanks! I still don't have an option under the ADVANCED tab from the ALT-O + DISPLAY window, but the GAMMA slider is back. All is well in Norrath!

I feel like a maroooon not fixing this myself but frankly I didn't suspect they'd make something as basic as adjusting your GAMMA setting to be an on/off configuration item. Why bother? Like someone said this has to have been a recent change.

Thanks for the responses. I knew I'd get the right answer here.

Seems like your problem is you are using a custom UI that isn't updated so can't see that option.

Seems like your problem is you are using a custom UI that isn't updated so can't see that option.

You are right, Sir. And JJ, too. I forgot to carry over the changed windows over to my custom UI. /bonk me.

Thanks all for the help.