FTP Silver account creative uses

Pavlos

Reaction score
I'm looking for creative solutions with using FTP, Silver Accounts for increasing killing power while lowering the over all cost of these accounts. What are people doing out there?

Take it Gold once max out aa's, gear in the best non prestige gear they can? maybe buy expac but let it drop back to silver when its all said in done?

Any other ideas would be welcome~

Blowing my way through some older raids and I'm needed some off tanking and more killing power.

Caster toons on silver, melee toons on gold. Absolutely no need for the extra 20% power boost on a caster when you go gold. Just make more casters for outside the group to compensate.

And if you don't mind throwing a tiny bit of Station Cash at the silvers, buy the Rk 2 spell unlocker. I think it's 750 but it enables all Rk 2 spells for you.

i went gold on all accounts for 1 month, maxing AAs then letting them go silver. i think the only thing i even need a gold for is doing tradermode when i get around to setting that up.

i went gold on all accounts for 1 month, maxing AAs then letting them go silver. i think the only thing i even need a gold for is doing tradermode when i get around to setting that up.

Exactly this, though I rarely have the drive to do max AA. Usually 6k-8k is more than enough for me.

What older raids are you trying to do? With 4 toons level 100 with 7k-ish AAs, all wearing non-prestige gear and using Rk. I spells, I can clear anything Solteris and older with relative ease. I only keep my tank in Gold to be able to use Ethernere gear and AC augs for much better stats. I haven't gone so far as to see what I can do with all 10 of my characters at once, but even in FTP Silver status I can probably clear most of SoF and a lot of SoD now.

Last edited:
How do you guys manage your tank toons on silver? Without ac augs, toons seem utterly useless. The power of a caster toon vs a melee toon on silver is so disproportional to me.

How do you guys manage your tank toons on silver? Without ac augs, toons seem utterly useless. The power of a caster toon vs a melee toon on silver is so disproportional to me.

Like I said, I keep my Tank on Gold :) I do have a Silver set of armor for him in case I don't feel like renewing. There is a difference of about 12k hp and 1.5k AC between my Silver and Gold armor sets.

I may eventually get Rk. II spells on my primary casters (like my cleric which goes everywhere with me). But other than cleric/tank, most or all of my other characters are situational. I can't justify spending over $100 on EQ a month just for a little extra power all around.

Completed Raids

Some of this I was doing with 6 toons before I even stated MQ2. I have only been using MQ2 for maybe 3 months now. With MQ2 I was able to push forward and start killing hard stuff much, much easier. I am up to 12 toons

SK, 2Zerks, Bard, Shaman, Cleric

3xMage, Druid, Chanter, Bard

3rd group I'm thinking about will be OT War, Cleric, Shaman, Bard, Necro, Ranger. I believe I am needing some DOT Damage to suppress regen on some of the longer fights.

The Serpent's Spine 100 % done
The Buried Sea 100 % done
Secrets of Faydwer 100% done solo
Seeds of Destruction all but council divided. HSing or Decap basically kill mechanics my SK is pretty beefy but tanking all 8 and trying to balance them has been hard. I have seen balancing scripts. But I know nothing about that stuff still stumbling my way with Mac, and ini's.

Underfoot ( I have won PG, Brells Rest, Foundation, getting close on Cooling Chamber, I have won the first 4 Convortium raids. I haven't above that with DT I think I will need more toons in zone to spread out DT. Convo is still pretty hard for me but still working on macros getting stuff tweaked out for burns and stuff. Guy who was a big help getting me started with a old Zbot mac and was very weak for DPS no AA's being used just straight spell DPS unless I was moving around firing off burn keys.

House of Thule ~ Tick Tock, Well, Gardens, UHoT, those were all ones I was sure I could beat. had help the first few times as I got them down now I can solo them easy. Havn't tried anything else yet. I know I can win ROT just need more crew or better macs for my mages to off tank temples and keep pets alive. Not sure on Offering with timer with out large DPS and Off Tanks. Al K. I think will be pretty easy since its final is just a burn and maybe a few adds.

Veil of Alaris haven't tried any solo I think my DPS and Tanking are going to be iffy. Haven't tried Argath but I would think that will be not to far off.

Some of this I was doing with 6 toons before I even stated MQ2. I have only been using MQ2 for maybe 3 months now. With MQ2 I was able to push forward and start killing hard stuff much, much easier. I am up to 12 toons

SK, 2Zerks, Bard, Shaman, Cleric

3xMage, Druid, Chanter, Bard

3rd group I'm thinking about will be OT War, Cleric, Shaman, Bard, Necro, Ranger. I believe I am needing some DOT Damage to suppress regen on some of the longer fights.

The Serpent's Spine 100 % done
The Buried Sea 100 % done
Secrets of Faydwer 100% done solo
Seeds of Destruction all but council divided. HSing or Decap basically kill mechanics my SK is pretty beefy but tanking all 8 and trying to balance them has been hard. I have seen balancing scripts. But I know nothing about that stuff still stumbling my way with Mac, and ini's.

Underfoot ( I have won PG, Brells Rest, Foundation, getting close on Cooling Chamber, I have won the first 4 Convortium raids. I haven't above that with DT I think I will need more toons in zone to spread out DT. Convo is still pretty hard for me but still working on macros getting stuff tweaked out for burns and stuff. Guy who was a big help getting me started with a old Zbot mac and was very weak for DPS no AA's being used just straight spell DPS unless I was moving around firing off burn keys.

House of Thule ~ Tick Tock, Well, Gardens, UHoT, those were all ones I was sure I could beat. had help the first few times as I got them down now I can solo them easy. Havn't tried anything else yet. I know I can win ROT just need more crew or better macs for my mages to off tank temples and keep pets alive. Not sure on Offering with timer with out large DPS and Off Tanks. Al K. I think will be pretty easy since its final is just a burn and maybe a few adds.

Veil of Alaris haven't tried any solo I think my DPS and Tanking are going to be iffy. Haven't tried Argath but I would think that will be not to far off.

I /bow to you good sir. Good lord lol, especially without MQ.

I have pretty much your first group and most of your second group. I just haven't put them to so much use yet. I'm basically going to be working up to what you've done, using all Silver FTP accounts except tank(s). I've been using MQ now for close to 2 years and have started writing all my own homebrew macros (wrote the balance one you are probably talking about from the Solteris thread) which I'll probably incorporate into my raiding attempts.

Gold

These are all gold accounts right now. I had been using kroon/ via plat to keep all the accounts current. Right now krono prices are pretty high so that's been eating in to my upgrade money now too. I had to break down and PL for plat the last week just to buy my kroon for Feb.

"(wrote the balance one you are probably talking about from the Solteris thread)"

I'm interested in the balance Mac since as of now I have been doing the Golems by using SK to Taunt and using DS to kill them only using life taps to balance them if one gets to far behind. I park my zerk out for the add and he just repost decaps them. I will have to check in to your macro and see what I can do with it for Council once I get my macros tweaked out better.

I realize this is an older thread but I have recently come back to the game and thus MMOBugs. (Love this program and site btw!)

I'm currently using 5 accounts as Gold but I would love to take the casters to silver is possible. What armor sets were the earlier posters referring to that works for silver? The group quest armor like boreal doesn't work.

lvl 100 cotf grp armor is non prestige, bought w earned currency
there is alot of raid armor that is non prestige

COTF raid armor tier 1 is also non prestige most people have not noticed that :)

I keep all my casters/healers silver once i get them AAs. I just buy the rank 2 spell unlock its worth it.

non vis cotf = not prestige as well

there also a decent ammt of augs that are non prestige especially for casters

I wish regular toons could get access to the heroic character augs. All those augs are the non-prestige versions of the prestige augs.

is there a listing of the Heroic Character Augs somewhere?

thanks

just checked a few heroic toons and none of mine seem to have augs... have they been taken out ?

These were made heroic toons not toons that were turned heroic if it makes a difference.

Edit : Found answer, heroic toons get a line of quests to complete for the option of heroic augs as rewards :)

Last edited:
I make a bard/mage/wiz on random servers, level them up afk and sit them at various places until max aa (takes less than 30 days usually) they make enough for about 15-20 krono's and I just put that back into doing it again on a new server while paying for main accounts.

I make a bard/mage/wiz on random servers, level them up afk and sit them at various places until max aa (takes less than 30 days usually) they make enough for about 15-20 krono's and I just put that back into doing it again on a new server while paying for main accounts.

:)