FTP help

Kingruler

Reaction score
I'm currently using herobo.com to make a website. Using one of the gaming templates, I do a java upload to the File Manager. Everytime I go to bring up the website, it shows me the Index Page with links to the files. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I was gonna mess with SmartFTP client, but don't know too much about it. If i'm getting an " Index Page " isn't there some code missing than? Thanks.

If you are getting the directory listing then it cannot find a default page in the directory.

Default pages depend on how the server is set up and what server you are using, but the most basic one that is accepted is either index.htm or index.html.

This can extend to include index.php (if you have php on your server) index.asp if it's a windows server, as well as some servers use default.htm, default.html, default.asp.

Last edited:
If you are getting the directory listing then it cannot find a default page in the directory.

Default pages depend on how the server is set up and what server you are using, but the most basic one that is accepted is either index.htm or index.html.

This can extend to include index.php (if you have php on your server) index.asp if it's a windows server, as well as some servers use default.htm, default.html, default.asp.

yea, its a php enabled server. when i go to make the site, it tells me to delete to default.html they have set up, and move my files. Would I be better off leaving the default there?