Free Play

Bukmuk

Reaction score
Ok so now that it is free to play and they advertise play as you want to then I have a stupid question. Play as I want to means I can use all the stuff here without being busted, or is it play as you want to with their rules.

and limited stuff only 4 bag slots can only choose from 4 races, can only choose from 4 classes, limited to 250 aa, level 90...ill just stick with the pay......

3.The four free races included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Human, Erudite, Barbarian and Gnome.

4.The four free classes included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Warrior, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue

Free classes definitely weak selection. I guess they figure the temptation to try out one of the "forbidden" classes will get players to break out the bucks.

I'm sure their marketing experts thought this out very carefully...

BUT THAT'S WHAT SCARES ME!?

didnt venture far enough to see how much they are charging to unlock classes, races or such. I did create a free account just to see if it could be of any use to me. thought maybe make it a bazaar mule account...but limited to 4 bags might be more hinderance then help.and the 250 aa limit would definately keep them from being a useful addition to a grind group IMO.

if you let your gold acct go free to play, and you didnt use all your character slots (i used 2 out of 9) do they take them away and leave you with 4 slots

It's 6 bag slots.. login and check for yourself.

It's 4 character slots.. maybe that is where people are confused. However, any grandfathered characters over the limit can be played,

It's 6 bag slots.. login and check for yourself.

It's 4 character slots.. maybe that is where people are confused. However, any grandfathered characters over the limit can be played,

Mine is only showing 4 bag slots...i am logged in

Free or Silver?
I believe Silver is 6 and Free is 4, unless they are already changing things.

I have 8 Silver accounts and they all have 6 slots. I don't have any Free accounts though.

ETA
Races are 300SC each
Classes are 750SC each
*Bag slots are 750SC I believe
AA unlocks are 250SC per 100 ($25.00 per 1000)
*Spell unlocks are 500SC I believe
There are NO item unlocks. All augs are prestige except hotzone and vendor bought melee augs.

* I might be remembering wrong. Forums are down and I am at work.

Last edited:
However, any grandfathered characters over the limit can be played,

Im thinking b4 they lapse I should make some characters in those slots cause not sure if folks are saying the slots are taken away(I understand characters are not but empty slots sounds like yes)

Okay I found the post I read earlier about the cost of things:
Races: 300 sc each

classes: 750 sc each

Rk2 spells : 750 to unlock all your rk2 spells (character specific, not account wide; do not see a rk3 version)

AA cap increase: 250SC per 100 AA (character specific, not account wide)

Inventory slot increase: 250 sc per slot (character specific, not account wide)

task cap increase: 100sc for 5 tasks

That is all I see.

NO prestige item unlockers, NO shared bank unlocker, NO journeyman merc unlocker

So, there you have it. Defiant augs will be made non-prestige in April.....

Any character slots you have that arent used wont be able to use, if you however have toons made there then no issues :) to go over limit (some of my accts have over the limit up to 9, and others have 1 or 2

might as well make place holder characters if u want to keep the char slots

I dont need to misread stuff to be confused, it is my native state

Any character slots you have that arent used wont be able to use, if you however have toons made there then no issues :) to go over limit (some of my accts have over the limit up to 9, and others have 1 or 2

might as well make place holder characters if u want to keep the char slots

I was under the assumption that the cutoff date was February 29th for the grandfathering of characters. After February 29th, 2012 any character created I think you will only see the most recent played 2 (bronze member), or 4 (silver member) characters on that server if you create characters after that date, and your subscription lapses.

So if you have 8 characters created after February 29th on gold, you would only see the first 4 most recently played on silver or 2 on bronze.

Before February 29th, there was the grandfather rule on creation. I took the time to make some characters on different servers for this reason, other than the 4 playable race/class on the silver/bronze membership. Didn't want it to be a hindsight later down the road...

Also made sure to unlock all 11 slots on my accounts using the loyalty vendor, incase they removed the character slot doll

Last edited: