free album - my band

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So for the past decade of my life I've been a working musician. About a year ago I got mugged (hit with a baseball bat in the back of the head) and the resulting head injury has made it pretty much impossible for me to keep doing what I do in the band I'm in (I sing/do vocals). Also, time in the hospital destroyed my finances to a point where I'm pretty much incapable of doing the self-employed thing (I also released records for other bands/ran a recording studio).

I did, however, at great pain to myself and against doctors' advice (I passed out a few times in the process) finally manage to finish tracking vocals for our most recent record. It's obviously not going to get a proper release since we can't tour on it. So I'm just posting it for free on every forum and website I'm involved in. If you like it please upload it to your favorite torrent websites and make copies for your friends. This wasn't supposed to be our final album and we'd in fact started tracking for a 4th one (this is #3) that I'm really, really choked will never see completion. But what the hell, win some lose some. It's back to real life/school/work for me.

If you're into metal, hardcore, punk (heavy music, etc.) you might like it. Otherwise you'll probably hate it, but feel free to give it a try anyway.

full quality .WAVs:
www.revolutionchords.com/theflicker

handy dandy .MP3s:
www.revolutionchords.com/flickermp3s

This version's unmastered, but still plenty loud. Bill Stevenson (Black Flag, Descendents, etc.) will be mastering it in the next month or two so if anyone likes it and wants the mastered version just PM me and I'll be sure to get it to you when it's available.

Also happy to give anyone who'd like them our other 2 albums and our EP. I'll probably post those later, along with a couple records other bands did that I was responsible for.

Very good, impressed, listened briefly to a few of the songs. I know someone in my family that would enjoy this very much, so I'll pass it along. I'm not so much into the screaming,granted whoever is singing has a great voice, but the guitar and beats totally rock. ;)

Dude, VERY impressed! I like it! Sucks you won't be able to tour it. Love what i'm hearing! Where are you guys based out of?

Edit: Gonna have to get the tracks into MMORadio for sure!

Thanks, Kodi. I made the effort to finish it because even if it never saw the light of day in a traditional sense, I could at least share it with people. If the money was there I would have finished the 4th record as well, since our guitarist wrote this one and the 4th one was my baby (so it's a little bittersweet to finish this one and not that one).

We're from Washington, DC.

Glad you liked it!

Kinda reminds me of All that Remains....very talented...ty for the tunes.