Falcons Vs 49'ers

The best 2 games are this weekend.

While last week had some great games.

This is the week we all care about.

I love championship playoff games as much as the next person, but it's going to be hard to top the Broncos vs Ravens game. The falcons and seahawks game was also crazy entertaining to watch in the 4th quarter.

I just think both games will be blowouts by halftime.

I love championship playoff games as much as the next person, but it's going to be hard to top the Broncos vs Ravens game. The falcons and seahawks game was also crazy entertaining to watch in the 4th quarter.

You mean like ATL/SEA first half?

Maybe like 49ers/NE week 15ish

Ravens have an offense, and lets face it. While NE is getting some Defense. They do not have Ray Lewis, and the BAL defense. I think both games are going to be 4 quarter games. Not blow outs like 49ers/GB.

You mean like ATL/SEA first half?

Maybe like 49ers/NE week 15ish

Ravens have an offense, and lets face it. While NE is getting some Defense. They do not have Ray Lewis, and the BAL defense. I think both games are going to be 4 quarter games. Not blow outs like 49ers/GB.

We can agree to disagree.

Ravens:
I think Flaco is a very average QB. The Defense is very old and that extra game played is going to show in this game. When they get behind, which I think they will, Flaco is not good enough to keep up and their run game is their strength.

Patriots:
Brady and Belichick work very well together and are almost unbeatable at home. Belichick will not start playing conservative like John Fox did and will keep the pressure on. That's what you do when you have marque quarterbacks like Brady and Manning. Their run game and defense is also very solid, unlike last year.

Falcons:
I watched most of the games this year and most games they played were close and could have gone either way. I have no idea where the running game came from as it's been non existent until last week's game. They have a great QB and probably the 2 best WR team in the league. Russell Wilson ran the read option very well and I think Kapernick does it even better.

49niners:
Seahawks have a great defense, but I think the 49niners have an even better defense. Kapernick is a rising star and gore will likely not fumble the ball inside the 20. I think the game has a chance to be close, but I think the niner's defense will put enough pressure on Ryan to force the Falcons offense to a good amount of 3 and outs.

I'm pretty sure Ed Reed has the most INTs against Tom Brady ever. Brady's average game against the Ravens is 58.6 completion percentage and 74.1 passer rating are the lowest against any opponent. Flacco's average against the Patriots is 64.7 completion percentage and 95.7 passer rating. I'm not trying to say Flacco is a better QB than Brady, but if any team is Brady's Kryptonite, it's the Ravens.

I'm betting Ravens +9

The Niners quarterback (not sure I'm comfortable trying to spell his name lol) is like a mutant. His size, quickness, strength and ability to pass like an ace QB and ALSO run better than the average halfback or fullback, makes him a variable that I don't think Atlanta will be able to cope with.

Last week this guy set the ALL-TIME QB RUSHING RECORD. That's ALL-TIME, not just for playoff games. That's sick, and I say "sick" meaning like my son and his friends say the word "sick": so incredible as to be unbelievable.

I'm a Patriots fan myself so I kinda wanna root for Atlanta just so the Pats don't have to confront this guy. Cuz I'm not sure their line will be able to cope. But as a pure football fan I do think a NE-SF Super Bowl would be the best entertainment possible drawn from the surviving 4 football teams.

Last edited:
Ravens v Patriots | Ravens 13 Patriots 38
49ers v Falcons | 49ers 31 Falcons 17

Sorry, just don't see how the Falcons can match up to the 49ers. I'm a Green Bay fan, so no love lost for the 49ers.

Superbowl

49ers v Patriots | 49ers 35 Patriots 28

I wouldn't discount Atlanta as so many of you are. They currently have the best wide receiver pair in the game and a good enough defense.

I would not be surprised if Atlanta pulls off an upset. Whoever does win will earn it, though.

Sorry, just don't see how the Falcons can match up to the 49ers. I'm a Green Bay fan, so no love lost for the 49ers.

Superbowl

Seahawks whipped Niners their last game played.

The Falcons beat the Seahawks...

Seahawks and and Niners play a similar style...Falcons are ready for it!

Everyone keeps talking about this "Best WR duo in the league"... do what? First a QB must have enough time to get the passes to them receivers.

Mark my words, the road to the Lambardi, no matter who wins from here on out, will be, as it has in recent years, won in the trenches by the defensive and offensive lines...

For my first statement, unless there is a god given polerizing force presented to the entire Atlanta offensive line, its lights out.

Best Offensive and Defensive lines left of the 4 teams... 49ers.

BTW the best player on Seattles team only shows up at their home games... the 12th man... should have been in the pro bowl.

Last edited:
Parlay (4 Teams) 01/18/13 09:39 ET
bet 25.00 to win 191.39 Result: Pending
49ers(SanFrancisco)
Falcons(Atlanta) 01/20/13(15:05 ET)
Falcons(Atlanta) +4.5 (-115)
49ers(SanFrancisco)
Falcons(Atlanta) 01/20/13(15:05 ET)
Over 49
Ravens(Baltimore)
Patriots(NewEngland) 01/20/13(18:30 ET)
Over 51.5
Ravens(Baltimore)
Patriots(NewEngland) 01/20/13(18:30 ET)
Patriots(NewEngland) -370

I took ATL

My 49ers would have to have a monumental breakdown to lose this game this week. Atlanta is the worst tackling team in the league, college, or even high school. Both Houston and Atlanta were pretenders this year.

Everyone keeps talking about this "Best WR duo in the league"... do what? First a QB must have enough time to get the passes to them receivers.

Mark my words, the road to the Lambardi, no matter who wins from here on out, will be, as it has in recent years, won in the trenches by the defensive and offensive lines...

For my first statement, unless there is a god given polerizing force presented to the entire Atlanta offensive line, its lights out.

Best Offensive and Defensive lines left of the 4 teams... 49ers.

BTW the best player on Seattles team only shows up at their home games... the 12th man... should have been in the pro bowl.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you actually believe what you're talking about. The Seahawks had a top 5 defense this year but weren't able to sack Ryan once. Even with the top corner in the league covering White, he still managed 5 receptions for 76 yards and a touchdown. Jones went 6-59. The Seahawk's normally stout run defense gave up 162 yards on 24 carries.

I don't think this will be a 49 to 3 victory for the 49ers like some people think. It will come down to the fewest mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it end 34-28 either direction.

The 12th man excuse is just that. An excuse. The 49ers only put up 13 points each game against the Seahawks this year.

tl;dr version: I don't think the Falcons will be a pushover and the 49ers will need to earn the win.

My 49ers would have to have a monumental breakdown to lose this game this week. Atlanta is the worst tackling team in the league, college, or even high school. Both Houston and Atlanta were pretenders this year.

Aww snap not that pretender line. My team (Houston) is up and coming. I have no faith in the QB and the coach but who the hell is going to come to Houston and what QB is available that is a better option than 'Swab'.

I took Atlanta money line!

Last edited:

Superbowl

Seahawks whipped Niners their last game played.

The Falcons beat the Seahawks...

Seahawks and and Niners play a similar style...Falcons are ready for it!

This is not a A > B | B > C | So A > C situation

It's any given Sunday. Some teams match up better against others. I just don't think Atlanta has seen what the 49ers will bring, outside of a Seahawk team that was riding the magic carpet as far as it would take them.

If it were not the Kaepernick 49ers, I would say "Yeah, Atlanta has a shot." But he is just too good in too many situations. And believe me, I hate saying that. I've never like the 49ers, but this is their year.

Last edited:
Falcons got this, Kaep is not the QB that Wilson is, much bigger target, much easier to obliterate. Atlanta has done well stopping those Draw plays all year long, we gave up 1 big run to Scam Newton and that's all, it accounted for about 35% of the total yards we've given up on the QB draw option plays.

Falcons got this, Kaep is not the QB that Wilson is, much bigger target, much easier to obliterate. Atlanta has done well stopping those Draw plays all year long, we gave up 1 big run to Scam Newton and that's all, it accounted for about 35% of the total yards we've given up on the QB draw option plays.

35% of 211 yards is how much?

35% of 211 yards is how much?

Cam had 1 run for 72 yards, take that away from the allowed total for the Falcons considering they've faced RG3, Russel Wilson, Cam Newton x2 I'd say that's pretty good.

Falcons have a top 10 rated scoring defense, it's just often overlooked that our starting safety who was on the way to the pro bowl got injured and missed the final 4 weeks of the regular season. That changes a defense when you go from William Moore to Chris Hope. But Willy Mo is back, got his legs back, and I promise, if you haven't seen that kid hit, you're in for a treat.

Cam Newton ran for 211 yards over 2 games. 211-72=139. So, the QB ran for about 70 yards each game. Now, Kaepernick has the same athletic ability as Newton, plus he has Frank Gore running behind him. And, I think Kaepernick is a better passer than Newton.

Regardless, I don't think Kaepernick will run for more than 50-65 yards in the game. I think there's going to be a heavy load of the Niners Offensive Line blowing up the ATL line and opening holes for Gore, while opening up the play action pass.

I think it's going to be a good game. We could go back and forth with stats and opinions, but they play the game on the field.

Cam Newton ran for 211 yards over 2 games. 211-72=139. So, the QB ran for about 70 yards each game. Now, Kaepernick has the same athletic ability as Newton, plus he has Frank Gore running behind him. And, I think Kaepernick is a better passer than Newton.

Regardless, I don't think Kaepernick will run for more than 50-65 yards in the game. I think there's going to be a heavy load of the Niners Offensive Line blowing up the ATL line and opening holes for Gore, while opening up the play action pass.

I think it's going to be a good game. We could go back and forth with stats and opinions, but they play the game on the field.

Absolutely they do, and you guys have a nasty offensive line, that being said we run a defensive alignment you haven't seen before either. We call it the "Big 3" Defense, we'll put Babineaux at Defensive end, while bringing in Vance Walker and Corey Peters at DT, and run a hybrid 3-4 look with Kroy Biermann as a rover. You don't know where he's going to line up, if he's going to rush, or if he's going to drop into coverage. This gives us enough beef up front to eat up blockers, and keep Sean Weatherspoon, William Moore, and Nicholas as free runners.

Newton is significantly more athletic than Kaep, and larger. Williams and Stewart are both exceptional runners of the quality of Gore. You're going to have the advantage when you're using Gore at Fullback and James at the RB position because you can run quick hitters or you can run tosses, or you can pass out of that set. That will be your strongest offensive set. Offset Pistol with Vernon in tight, and Crabs and Moss split wide.