Faction hits cause client to freeze

Hacksaw187

Reaction score
Hey all. Came back few months ago from 4 year break. When i have MQ loaded and I kill mobs in EoK/RoS/GMM/TBL my client will freeze for few minutes. I deducted that it it has to do with MQ trying to hide the faction hits, since mobs that i can kill mobs that dont have faction in other zones/expansions without problems. Any1 else have this problem? If hiding faction hits are the problem anyway for me to turn it off? Looked through the plugin list and DoCrack, but cant find it. Possible blind man here. Thanks in advance.

Can you list your loaded plugins?

My first guess would be something log file related. Faction hits give a rush of information, if your log file is huge, it could freeze your computer.

MQ2 or EverQuest log file.

Could also be related a macro your running, processing events?

That's my two stabs at it. Without seeing loaded plugins I'm not sure what else it could be. You can copy and paste your loaded plugins out of MacroQuest.ini.

Another option is try without MQ2DPSAdv, see if it makes any difference.

htw

I turned on logging and it seemed to cause post-fight client freezes in some of the zones listed here. Since I wasn't using logging for anything I care about I have turned it back off. Problem went away once I restarted client with logging off - just turning it off without client reset did not cure the problem.

I am happily using MQ2DPSAdv before and after this change.

Hey all. Came back few months ago from 4 year break. When i have MQ loaded and I kill mobs in EoK/RoS/GMM/TBL my client will freeze for few minutes. I deducted that it it has to do with MQ trying to hide the faction hits, since mobs that i can kill mobs that dont have faction in other zones/expansions without problems. Any1 else have this problem? If hiding faction hits are the problem anyway for me to turn it off? Looked through the plugin list and DoCrack, but cant find it. Possible blind man here. Thanks in advance.

This sounds like the "journal" updating. Alt J I think.