Everquest Account Secret Question Reset

neurosis

Reaction score
A while ago i was able to exploit the EQ website to reset secret questions. Is that still possible? When purchasing an account I want to be sure i have full control over the info.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not that Im aware of. You can get them to change the SQA but you need to provide proof that your the owner of the account.

I not even sure if you can just do that for no reason either. The only time I have done it is when somebody tried to change the password to one of my accounts behind my back and I told SOE that my account had been compromised by a hacker.

Pretty sure this is do'able somehow still.

Somebody on here and on player auctions is getting people to give them station name/password to "view" the character.

They then somehow bypass secret question answer, change the password, transfer to FV, strip, sell gear, and sell the plat.

About two weeks ago the person who was doing this had all accounts he ever logged into banned. No clue if they fixed the secret question exploit.

Anyway just a heads up, this is what I heard.

Dang that is not cool at all. Thanx for the heads up Fry.

I'd kill to be able to do this. I got an account from a friend about 7 years ago and still can't do beta or change my e-mail address because they don't remember the secret question and can't be arsed to deal with Sony CS to get it changed for me. Never mind that I've been paying on the same card and bought all of the expansions for more than half the life of the account, Sony won't let me change it.

I'd kill to be able to do this. I got an account from a friend about 7 years ago and still can't do beta or change my e-mail address because they don't remember the secret question and can't be arsed to deal with Sony CS to get it changed for me. Never mind that I've been paying on the same card and bought all of the expansions for more than half the life of the account, Sony won't let me change it.

I have a similar problem with one account. I was lucky enough to be able to change the email back when Sony got hacked and they were encouraging every player to change their password/email. They didn't bother to ask for SQ answer during that period. But I didn't try to change the SA; I was happy enough at least to get MY email onto the account.

Never been able to guess the SA, lol.

It's really bad because the person has given me the answer to the SQ (What is your mother's maiden name?) and it's not working. I don't blame them for not wanting to spend 45 minutes fighting with Sony about it, but it's really annoying to put up with. If anyone knows a way around this stupid thing, I'd really appreciate a PM.

Somebody on here and on player auctions is getting people to give them station name/password to "view" the character.

They then somehow bypass secret question answer, change the password, transfer to FV, strip, sell gear, and sell the plat.

About two weeks ago the person who was doing this had all accounts he ever logged into banned. No clue if they fixed the secret question exploit.

I Would LOL if it was my buddy in Guam.

You think he is clever enough to do that?

I don't question his intellect only his motives.

It's really bad because the person has given me the answer to the SQ (What is your mother's maiden name?) and it's not working. I don't blame them for not wanting to spend 45 minutes fighting with Sony about it, but it's really annoying to put up with. If anyone knows a way around this stupid thing, I'd really appreciate a PM.
If you have enough info to verify the acct: Credit card history, email address etc, CALL them.

Since the answer you have doesn't work you can't get by with just telling them the acct is being hacked and you want to resecure it. You'll need to be a bit more creative. Tell em your kid (if you're old enough to have one) or your kid brother, girlfriend, roommate, whoever, set the question and misspelled the name or doesn't remember what they put. If you make it plausible without sounding like an ass or like you're trying to pull a fast one on them they will change it for you.

If he's in Guam he's having way to much fun at the strip clubs to worry with ripping off EQ accounts. my 2 cp.

I don't question his intellect only his motives.

I just tried to login to my accounts this morning and was greeted by "Incorrect Password" and I cannot for the life of me figure out wtf the SQA is!

Oh, and hello Buggers, long time no see!!

Krugerr

if u havent logged in since the massive hack (downtime) they forced people to change their passwords, those that didnt change after a while get that msg youll prob have to call SoE

Well I have managed to get into one of my accounts that has two shit 85's on it. My god their gear is awful, the monk has no weapons but maxxed out kick/flyingkick/intimidation etc... I wonder what I used him for?! ;)

The rogue it appears was my /follow bot that just tagged along behind me gaining xp and armor because he has zero skills. Lame.