EQBC

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
how do i set this up, i know the information is not there , but i need a how to for idiots. everytime i do connect in the outside window it cant connect, and i really dont understand the commands (server name) (port)
i dnt want to get stone, i think i just bit off more than i can chew atm and a little help would go a long way at this point.. im trying to use bots on 17 toons, inoder for it to work to fullpotential i apparently need netbots, but i cant use it unless i have eqbc working, i know once i get past this hurdle theres a whole notther world of set up i will need to figure out, so i am overwhelmed.
any fast guide for the computer knowledge challanged such as myself? please

how do i set this up, i know the information is not there , but i need a how to for idiots. everytime i do connect in the outside window it cant connect, and i really dont understand the commands (server name) (port)
i dnt want to get stone, i think i just bit off more than i can chew atm and a little help would go a long way at this point.. im trying to use bots on 17 toons, inoder for it to work to fullpotential i apparently need netbots, but i cant use it unless i have eqbc working, i know once i get past this hurdle theres a whole notther world of set up i will need to figure out, so i am overwhelmed.
any fast guide for the computer knowledge challanged such as myself? please

You spend the 30 minutes and look up the thread that basically tells you how to do it step by step. If you do not find one here look at mq2.com. A detailed guide is available.

dont need netbots to use eqbc just need to follow the wiki download the items it says and set one computer to be the host and connect others to it...it seems tough the first time but after that its quite simple ..the wiki explains it step by step

Ok lets start like this, have you read Eqbc wiki?

A simple breakdown. The server name will be the ip address of the computer running the Eqbc executable (MQ2EQBCS.EXE). The port will be the specific "key" to access it. So for example;
Code:
192.168.1.1 <----- Server name
2112 <--- Port so all connecting to server can get in.

Together they look like 192.168.1.1:2112

htw has set it up so you easily can change this info through the mmoloader. To find what you lan ip address for your server is going to be, in windows go to start, run and type cmd. A prompt window will come up. Now type ipconfig and hit enter. You will get a bunch of other info, but you only want what shoud be the address (number) that begins with 192. This is the info you will put in through the mmoloader (or manually type in the ini file that is located in the mmobugs folder)

Now the server and port are what all other machines on your lan will need to know to access you Eqbc server (server is only run on one computer)

yes, i read it, on mq2 im not vip, i was but then i forgot my pw, and email, so when i got a response an got it back i wasnt vip anylonger, and i keep gettign side tracked to remedy that. but i really did read the wiki, and i also read a thread on how somone could connect with their brother in another state.
im not saying id get it otherwise, but ive been at this 2 days before the patch and unless i use what i already had goin (isboxer/mq2) im dead in the water, and i really dont like to think making bots work 100% bested me, but at this point im frustrated so my understanding is worse than normal...
so thank you very much and i will apply this, ill say if i was able to figure it out

dont need netbots to use eqbc just need to follow the wiki download the items it says and set one computer to be the host and connect others to it...it seems tough the first time but after that its quite simple ..the wiki explains it step by step

For what he is doing he is going to want net bots. with 17 people you need the communication between sessions to know what everyone's life is at.

yes, i read it, on mq2 im not vip, i was but then i forgot my pw, and email, so when i got a response an got it back i wasnt vip anylonger, and i keep gettign side tracked to remedy that. but i really did read the wiki, and i also read a thread on how somone could connect with their brother in another state.
im not saying id get it otherwise, but ive been at this 2 days before the patch and unless i use what i already had goin (isboxer/mq2) im dead in the water, and i really dont like to think making bots work 100% bested me, but at this point im frustrated so my understanding is worse than normal...
so thank you very much and i will apply this, ill say if i was able to figure it out

Walk away come back in 20-30 minutes with a clear head and do nothing but read the link posted just above on EQBC. Read it then read it again.. Then step away come back and do what the thread says.

Unless you really want someone to baby you and hold your hand doing this. I would be glad to do so I might be somewhat abrasive though since it really is not that hard if you really want to complete it.

Stop being afraid and take charge.

no, i don't want babied just yet, im gonna goosefrabah this shit for a minute.
I get overwhellmed fast on these things cuz before mq2 i knew how to turn my pc on and load eq and play a toon, ive never been geared towards this stuff so every time i set something up i completely step out of my comfort zone. at this point its frustrating because i really thought by now it would come as second nature to me, but im still lost as ever every time i try something new on here.

Then to top it off I see shit like this ${NetBots[Name].Name} :String at my breaking point, and i know to type that sorta stuff in to get something to happen but i never know exactly why despite any amount of reading and so my frustration derives from still feeling like im reading a different language that i don't understand even after almost 2 years of being exposed to it..

I got it, sweet, 1 obstacle overcome, thank you all very much and Jodwop, your breakdown got me there, thank you. Thanks to JJ for the slap to reality, i needed it

you guys are right , that was pretty simple, i was looking at it like a freaking mountain cuz i was looking in a whole, bots+netbots+netheal+eqbc and setup of all, and i just got overwhelmed so much so that i couldn't seem to figure any of it out

Last edited:
is using the default port safe?

tym thats good cuz i tried to change it due to paranoia and got all kindsof nothign to work, so went back to default

Yes the overall is many things, but you had to start somewhere long ago right? Windows OS.... check, installed EQ... check. When you try to tackle all at once you get confused and the "problems" that arise are harder to track. Start one thing and finish it. EQBC is going so now you can start netbots... test it, move on to netheal... etc.

Actually before getting the rest going you should learn and try the simple commands on eqbc. How to get all to do something at the same time (like all to sit). How to make one toon Hail npc. Test it out and learn. Otherwise netheal and netbots do not mean anything in a pinch and you need to think on your feet.

Last edited:
I got it, sweet, 1 obstacle overcome, thank you all very much and Jodwop, your breakdown got me there, thank you. Thanks to JJ for the slap to reality, i needed it

you guys are right , that was pretty simple, i was looking at it like a freaking mountain cuz i was looking in a whole, bots+netbots+netheal+eqbc and setup of all, and i just got overwhelmed so much so that i couldn't seem to figure any of it out

Congrats, and as jodwop posted, learn one thing at a time. It will really help you. Get used to using EQBC to move the toons around do simple stuff. Then add in netbots, and see what you can do with that.

The biggest issue with MQ2 is people do not want to spend the time to just read what things do and try them to understand it.

When you get stuck step away come back re read, if you have questions come back and ask.

well, i got it set up and all toons on same pc talk to eachother with eqbc, but other toons on other computer only share info with toons on that pc, and ive created same channels on both pc, but commands dont go through across pcs though, also ive sent pms to specefic toons across pcs and it tells me " nosuch name"
both are on the same port and both are set up through same ip, ive even tried from eqbc
im not gonna stop looking for the solution , but if its clear what ive doen wrong, please lemme know.
is it cuz i need to be vip at mq2 in order to dl this
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=154321#p154321

Last edited:
The server (mq2eqbcs.exe) should only be running on the one computer. On the other computers, go to your mmobugs folder and find the mq2eqbc.ini file. Open it with notepad. Make sure the server (IP address) and the port listed are the same as you main computer that is running the server. If you are still having trouble communicating between computers, make sure any firewalls (software ones) or your router are set to allow communication on that IP address and port.

checking router settings now, hope thats it, cuz i can not connect on any pc to the other that doesnt have the exe up as of right now, same info in ini. just not workign , but im checking router settigs now.. thank you

yeah i dont know, im gonna have to clear my head a sec, it wokred earlierfor me.
ive turned my port fowarding all the way to allow everything, in my eqbc.exe on 1 pc ive got it running , and its ini. says port 2112 and "127" for the ip, ive copied and pasted to second pc., ive changed the ips in both ips to all zeros and the 192 one, ive set it back to the 127 in both inis.
in the interface ive changed both around to all 3 diffrent ips ive matched em , and ran em diffrent, nothing got second one up with no .exe
ive also gone into loader and done the saem , changed 1 at a time to one of the 3 ips either all zeros, the 127 or my 192, ive made em match and tried diffrent, still not figurign it out, so im gonna go scratch my head for a while and see if theres somethign i didnt think of

set it so its 0 0 0 0 and give it a shot

EDIT

Show us your Macroquest 2 plugin section for each computer.

Last edited: