EQBC update

Kachiko

Reaction score
Just reposting here because I know some are info deprived.

After Christmas, I will be putting together a dedicated server to host a private 'beta 0 / alpha 3' server. This server will not be a part of EQC, so you don't have to worry about filling out some lame application form or dealing with the Nazis on the EQC "team." I am currently looking at hardware for the server and it would be nice to have an idea of the client load before I order everything. I am sure someone here can host the Kunark/Velious ISOs and I will upload the client patch, so if you are interested in messing around on the server, please speak up.

Edit: I am not expecting anyone to be a tester. If you have the time to test things, that would be great, but I mainly need people messing around on the server to trigger the critical crashes in the world server.

and

I just found out tonight that a completely unmodified installation of the EQ Trilogy disc set works nearly flawlessly with our current server build, and it requires zero client patching. It is now looking like I will be hosting the final server out of my home, so I will be building a high-end server instead of some budget, piece of shit server. All I should need in the future is someone who has never accepted the EULA to take over my ISP account and SoE should not have any just cause to come after the project.

Those fucking douchebags; I hope they have a good cry over this some day soon.