Question EQ + MMOBugs + Macbook Pro

cudacuf

Retired Stripper Banger
Reaction score
I've been running on a Windows VM on my Mac, but it blows. Does anyone currently run EQ with MQ2 on a Mac using something like Wine or CrossOver?

Just looking for some input.

When I had my Mac tower I dual booted into Windows. Ever since they switched the architecture over, I've always had both OS. I wouldn't mess with VMWare or Fusion or Paralells or any of that shit, it's only good for proprietary Windoze applications. Never worked too well for DirectX purposes.

Last edited:
Wine works but from what I understand it's one hell of a bitch to get right.

Edit: welcome back and wtf are you doing playing EQ. You don't play EQ!

Yeah that is absolutely correct. It is very difficult to get it setup on mac's. I tried with my work mac for awhile but could never get it right.

I've had it running with VMWare Fusion, but I've been reading on the forums that they have been banning people for using VMs. Just trying to figure out what my options are.

I had it running in both. Performance and all bugs with the mouse makes it not worth it to run in a vm.

Just use bootcamp and you won't regret it.

I gotta agree I run bootcamp on my pro and I wouldn't risk running eq in a virtual machine, they do scan for that and it's nothing we bypass with mq...

why not just install windows 10 on the macbook pro ? I know people swear by osx but dam.

Crossover works well for run EQ. But I couldn't get macro quest working well. Some stuff worked some didn't.