EQ Just Pushed a New Client

Marnan

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Got word to log out and run patcher. MQ2 says not right client version anymore. So prolly down for now.

Looks like you can still connect with old eqgame.exe as long as you don't patch which means current MQ2 will work. If you patched, hit someone up for old copy of EQGame.exe and you should be fine.

I'm unsure what we're going to do at the moment for Live MQ2.

Here is the old eqgame.exe.
Just download this and put it in your Everquest folder. Then make sure to bypass the patch. MQ will work fine for you if you do this.

I can't get it to upload for some reason. I can email it to anyone that wants it though. Send me a PM with your email address

Here is the one before last night hotfix, I am still using it at the moment

No need to update MQ2. All you need to do is revert back to the eqgame.exe that Rooster was so kind enough to link. Then you can use MQ2 again

No need to update MQ2. All you need to do is revert back to the eqgame.exe that Rooster was so kind enough to link. Then you can use MQ2 again

ok, I downloaded that, dropped it in my eq directory, and it wont let me run eq without the launchpad. What am I supposed to do with the eqgame.exe?

that being said, each time the launcher runs I get a new exe file.

Don't run the Launchpad after you replace the eqgame.exe in your Everquest folder.
After the file is in your Everquest folder, right click it and then select "send shortcut to desktop"

Then right click the desktop shortcut and click properties. Then type the following into the Target: window

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme (or whatever your path is) Essentiall, all you do is add patchme to the end of the string

Then start MQ2 and then use the new eqgame.exe desktop to start everquest. That will bypass the Launchpad

Last edited:
okies, thank you, got it working. I appreciate the understanding and the help.

Adam