EQ Emu for rookie

s0rcier

The Grand Master Plugin Daddy!
Reaction score
Well ive been thinking about creating my own eq emu server, i got a decent computer that been gathering dust. I would really like to set it up closer to last expension as possible ... only cd/dvd i have are titanium ... i try to search a few torrent up there for either seed of destruction or secrets of fayder without any luck ... if someone could help me out, send me a private message.

Also is their macroquest version running for those clients? do i need stupid compiler? ... what are the things i should focus on getting in next 2-3 days so i be ready to set this up during holidays.

I got a few new idea for mq2melee and stuff, and well if i got my own little environment that i don't have to pay to test most of the feature it might be cool .... just that i don't feel investiong 800$ on a compiler lol and 75$ on game dvd etc ... lol

still cheap here :)

thanks yall
s0rcieR
retired mq2melee, mq2cast, mq2god author

Check out the stuff over at eqemulator.org. They have a FAQ on how to set one up and get it running and connectable. Somewhere in the emu forums, there is a compile that will work on the clients that require the titanium client. As to a torrent, I'll look around and see what I can find. Most emu aren't caught up to live just yet. There was once talk about MMO setting one up but I don't think there was enough interest in it so it never happened to my knowledge. I'll be glad to test out anything if you need me too.

Emu is caught up through SOD. But ya, what dulak said.

i for one would play on a MMO EMU server, providing of course we can exploit/dupe/gank and basically hack our arses off till our hearts are content with no fear of banning lol :D

I think at one point, that was just going to be the purpose of the server. I don't recall who was working on it though and sadly, it was never finished. I don't have the skill for coding or anything of that nature, let alone a spare PC to set one up. Wish I did lol. Naturally though, we would have to have some rules, otherwise the game just wouldn't be fun to us. The biggest reason most of us hack is to take the gay out of EQ and b/c it's fun to break the rules and not get caught.

Last edited:
Wasn't there an emu server some time ago that was pretty much like this? I don't know if it was made for MQ2, since i can't remember the comands, but i do recall that you could type a command and throw out instant cast 30k nukes, as fast as you could hit the hotbutton you made. Also, if you went to the arena, all of the old world gods were there, and each dropped colored god armor (god armor red, god armor blue, etc) which when you had a full set would put you at around 30k (at this time having 8k was pretty uber). Like i said, i don't know that it was MQ2 that enabled these commands, but warping and zoning was possible.

Perl 5.10.0.1007 can't seems to find that version at all

finally found all those stupid perl and sql and everquest files ... i got it up and running .... now i need to find server config rules ...

it suppose to be up to sod, but i still see variables that set max level to 65

so i guess their is something really not okay yet ...

guess more digging and more digging ....

lmao

I was able to create a character on my server and start playing, i was able to load macroquest for that sod client, thanks gods htw nice job ... quests seems to be working ... only hick i have right now is i can't see any item stats in game while checking my own inventory ...

i was lazy and gave me a fungus tunic and a clock of flame lol ... but i can't see their stats ... no item preview window .... not sure if i forget to install something on either everquest folder or on the server ...

anyone have some clues? please pleawe please

s0rCieR

Create a alias over on the emu forums and ask around there. Just don't use the same one that you use here.

that i really did, and will be honest they are not helping ... think they are all waiting for the money on the table before saying a things lol

s0rCieR

I've never seen them charge anything before...Odd

well i got lots of little issues fixes, more im reading and more issues are getting fixed lol ...

i would need 3 files from lives eq ... if anyone could host them somewhere for me .... please ... that will be awesome!

nektulous.eqg
spells_us.txt
spells_en.txt

thanks

well i got lots of little issues fixes, more im reading and more issues are getting fixed lol ...

i would need 3 files from lives eq ... if anyone could host them somewhere for me .... please ... that will be awesome!

nektulous.eqg
spells_us.txt
spells_en.txt

thanks
From which eq release? live? or tit, sod, sof...

htw

Well, his post says live but to my knowledge, emu isn't that far updated. But also, I've not checked it out in quite a while. May need too soon.

nektulous.eqg
spells_us.txt
spells_en.txt

thanks
From which eq release? live? or tit, sod, sof...

htw

well if you can get the nektulous files from sod release around 14meg i think that would be awsome, that files is missing from the seeds i downloaded from.

for the 2 others, latest spells_*.txt will be awsome ... can be from the current playable online servers from sony ... (just want to have information about my missing spells in database).

thanks bro

well if you can get the nektulous files from sod release around 14meg i think that would be awsome, that files is missing from the seeds i downloaded from.

for the 2 others, latest spells_*.txt will be awsome ... can be from the current playable online servers from sony ... (just want to have information about my missing spells in database).

thanks bro
spells_us.txt hasn't changed in like 4.5 years, but here are the ones you wanted (nek from sod, the 2 txt files from live):

http://www.mmobugs.com/files/nektulos.eqg
http://www.mmobugs.com/files/spells_us.txt
http://www.mmobugs.com/files/spells_en.txt

htw

Will be awesome if we get our own server. Something we've been wanting for a while now.