EQ Classic coming

Remember you do need to own at least the basic game legitimately in order to play on the classic server.
You say that as if it cost money :)

You can download EverQuest Trilogy for free on SOE's very own webpage just by signing up for a trial account. Now you have a legal copy of EverQuest and the first 2 expansions. How you use that copy is where it becomes interesting ;)

Spell book blocking your view when you med would be back, man i hated that, lol. I would box if i played there just to see if they could tell, what would i have to loose. May be kinda fun to get some friends together and run around in it a bit for old times sake though.

Spell book blocking your view when you med would be back, man i hated that, lol. I would box if i played there just to see if they could tell, what would i have to loose. May be kinda fun to get some friends together and run around in it a bit for old times sake though.

Depends what they consider classic. If its truely classic it would force you to use the Default UI or fullscreen. But if its up to SoV you would not have to use the book to med after first few levels.

They show a timeline of 6-month periods to add expansions starting with Kunark, so based on that it would be original EQ for a while. But, they did say, if I remember correctly that you could choose between the default original UI or the faded one.

I remember my mage being trained while blind medding a couple times and it really pissed me off. Some players might need help with a mob and see you sitting there, forgetting that you're probably medding, and drag their mob(s) to you and die at your feet which then involves you. And of course, what we all hated about dying back then was that naked long run back to our corpses. I think the lack of finding clerics to rez me in so many zones back then cost me to eat a couple hundred deaths so I know I'll try building a cleric on my 2nd pc for my own purposes.

from what i understand they believe the fall of eq was caused by soe with the release of luclin, i wouldnt expect any expansion after that.

If you look at their forums/FAQs, you'll see:

• Velious is as high as they wish to go. As commented on, Luclin+ they felt ruined the game (made it too easy).
  • Original windowed/full interface or velious interface only.
  • Medding requires looking at spellbook (yes, it was up to level 35).
My personal opinion about the entire venture is, I'll believe it when I see it.

htw