enchanters... help

scuff11

Reaction score
hey all, i did a search.. yes.. and unless i missed something i didnt find what i was looking for. and if i did miss it i do appologize.

currently my enchanter is 84, i first built it for crowd control but i will be damned if i can even play her... its hard to alt tab between 6 charecters on 2 computers, so i guess the question is, what lvl of mobs can i mes??? how sucessful will it be, what aa's should i work on to help that, seems boxing these days for group progression there are multiple mobs and my bot group cant do it without cc, so please if anyone has some training tips for me, pm me or just post them i would sure appreciate it, right now she is just a buff whore and i know if i could learn to play her i would do much better on progression!

i think the highest level you can mez to is 88 its usually 3 levels higher then you are and totally max out mez mastery and defensives

You have a lot of choices:

Befuddle: This is the enchanter workhorse. Single target mez, lasts over a minute (with AAs). Use this if you have 1 add.

Befuddling Flash: This is a nice spell if you have the room to keep it memmed. It's a faster cast, lower resist version of Befuddle, with a slightly shorter duration.

Docility: This spell is great if you need to mez multiple mobs quickly. It's fast cast, short duration AE mez centered on the enchanter. You'll need to follow it up with a longer duration mez (like the next 2 AE mezes)

Ensorcelling Wave: Long duration, targeted AE mez (4 targets max)

Hypntoic Stare: Long duration, free-target AE mez (6 targets max)

-----

So, if you just get 1 add in camp, use Befuddling Flash or Befuddle. If you get multiple add in camp, use Docility to lock them down, follow up with Ensorceling Wave or Hypnotic Stare.

there is a good enchanter mac at mq2 site

I use it have had no problems doing CC up to T4

read the mac and go from there...

just play the enchanter solo until you learn how to use him. ench are awesome 2box bots, can single pull/cc/charm dps.

Dev has a superb enchater mac i use it all the time on missions CC in t4 zone and anything else u can possibly think of. It will mez buff dot nuke keep aura's up basically everything u would need a enchater to do.

Tiki

Dont forget about the AA Beguiler's Direct Banishment. That thing is awesome, especially if you have a couple extra mobs coming on a pull, hit BDB with its near instant recast time and it knocks the mob back, roots and memblurs so you no longer need to worry about it. Do this with a couple of mobs and voila, single pull.

Careful about knocking the mob back into a group of un-aggrod mobs though because those will aggro if that happens.

all good info guys/gals, did some spell buying, unfortunatly no aa's yet but working on it. you guys are awsome, will look into the chanter mac when i actually learn how to use her for more than just buffing

It's pretty easy to learn this stuff yourself. Get your list of spells:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...type=enc&level=84&opt=And+Lower&action=search

Then look at the most recent 5 levels or so. You can see things like:

Ensorcelling Wave ENC/84 1: Mesmerize (2/88) 1000 Conjuration Targeted AE

Hmm, so that's a targeted AE mez, mezzes up to level 88. (I'm not sure what the 2/ in front means). Most targeted AEs in this game have a limit of 4 or 5 mobs. Go round up some low level stuff and test it. Figure out how it works, find out you can mez yourself with it, etc. Then move on.

As someone mentioned, Befuddle is your workhorse single target mez, it also mezzes to level 88.

Really, just play him solo with some pick up groups and figure out how things work. You're a support class. Things you should be doing:

1. Cast the Tash line of spells on everything. It lowers MR, and is unresistable
2. Mez shit you're not fighting, obviously
3. You can slow. Do so if no shaman, or if your shaman sucks.
4. You can debuff. You have several. One is a straight "cripple" type spell. One is a dot that is also a debuff. See if you can find these on your list.
5. You can stun. Any mob that is stunnable, you can use your single target spin stun spell on. Your tank and healer will thank you. Especially useful with wussy mercs.
6. You can dot and nuke. Enchanters can get pretty good damage going if you keep your dots up, alternate your two best nukes, and get all the related AA.
7. You can buff (duh?). Clarity, Haste, mana aura, second aura aa for runic/learners/nuke aura as appropriate, and manastorm (once you get it higher up) for everyone who needs.

One of the best classes in game. No other game has had such a great class, in my opinion. Better do it justice!

The deep sleep AA is a nice debuff. It has a chance to proc on mobs when you cast a mez spell on them. The cool thing is that even if the mez gets resisted (or the mob you're trying to mez is immune to mez), the deep sleep debuff can still land. So on raid mobs, named, etc that you normally wouldn't try to mez, it can be worth it to cast mez on them until you get deep sleep to proc.