Emulator warp detection (question)

expmonk

Reaction score
So I'm in understanding of the fact that the Emulator servers use log-based parsing to detect unreasonable character movements, such as player x warping from y to z location. But my question is.. does it work against speed hacking as well? I mean obviously if you cranked it up an unreasonable amount it would still trigger the warp detection, but do they have any way to detect if a player is moving at regular SoW speed without having SoW on?

Also, does using /gate trigger the warp detection?

Any feedback appreciated. I play on P99 server if that helps :)

I would be willing to test out a speedutils plugin or wickedspeed or something if someone could configure it to work with current compile.. i'm on P1999 also.

Would also be willing to donate if anyone could get it working :p

Warp is detected by calculating your player's actual speed by using timers and polling the player's locations. You can warp very small distances without it being undetected, less than 10 or so.

there are a few servers that dont mind using of such plugins. but i too wish there was some type of speed hack.

Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• MQ2Speed.dll
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
Does nobody know if it's safe to use standard SoW speed via speedhacking? Or is there some way for them to catch that?

speed hacking is super easy to detect. I have no idea if they do it though.

Alright, thanks. I'll test it on P99 with a dummy account, at a different IP address, and let ya'll know how it goes.

I've been playing around with the speed hack plugin a bit and haven't had any issues yet. A speed of 0.8 seems to work fine, and it's just enough to stay ahead of mobs if things get hairy. In fact I'd say that it's the standard speed mobs run at, as they seem to remain a static distance behind me at this speed.

I always set it back to the standard 0.7 before I zone, however, just in case.

This is just my observation - don't be mad at me if you start using it and get banned please.

I have been using speed hack for 3 years without even a warning. usually at 1.2 or 2 max

NM: /plugin mq2speed
WARP is detectable too. I warped a very short distance and got a client notice of its detection.

Last edited: