Is MQ2 Safe - Discussion About Active Hacks and What SoE Can Detect.

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Hello MMOBugs Members,

About three times a week I get a message asking is MQ2 safe? and what I you can and can't use? Which is why I'm starting this thread.

About two years ago now, SoE introduce code which allowed them to track abnormal character movements on there servers. Examples of plugins that allows abnormal character moments are /warp, /zone, /gate, /speed, /farreach and even nomeleepushback docrack. Plugins that altered your characters movement or position ingame they could see in logs and conclude you are hacking.

Here is a list of these high risk plugins.

Code:
MQ2AdvLoot
MQ2Cloot
MQ2GetMission
MQ2GZone
MQ2MMOKite
MQ2MMOWarp
MQ2NoStun
MQ2NoSummon
MQ2PiggyZone
MQ2Reachit
MQ2SpeedUtils
MQ2SuperCast
MQ2Stealth
MQ2WickedSpeed

Another type of plugin they could trace in logs was /instantcamp which doesn't fit the character movement idea, but was highly traceable in server logs. Funny thing about instantcamp is they have now implemented it within the game, so I'm not sure if that will trigger in suspension logs now or not.

SoE has done around 8 waves of suspensions since 2011, normally on third suspension they issue an account ban.

Due to this we have disabled these movement hacks which can get your account suspended (We call them active hacks). We require you to edit your MacroQuest.ini to enable the active hacks switch manually, then restart MMOLoader. You can read more about enabling active hacks at Enabling Active Plugins (Warp, Zone, Speed, etc.).

The last suspension wave was around five months ago, which is quite a while between waves. We are well overdue for another one. With that said, as long as you stay away from enabling active hacks you will have no problems with being traced.

I hope that helps clear things up.

I can confirm instant camp. It was my method to getting on and off quickly. I got nabbed for it awhile back, and now use the regular /camp desktop method. Was retarded imho they cared so much but eh, was a minor suspension.

Did not use any of the active hacks listed except AdvLoot, but without the warping. Mostly for filter reasons so corpses were easier to maintain.

dumb question, but what about on test? do they monitor that server as much as the others? I haven't needed the active hacks/ wanted to use them for fear of getting caught and losing one of my main accounts but im just curious

dumb question, but what about on test? do they monitor that server as much as the others? I haven't needed the active hacks/ wanted to use them for fear of getting caught and losing one of my main accounts but im just curious

I can't say for fact, but I'd be willing to bet test is monitored even closer. I know they have more checks running on test than on live servers - not for MQ2 specifically, but for game performance / bugs, etc.

MQ2AdvLoot is flagged? blimey I could have sworn that some green guy said that it was safe to use so long as
[Settings]
AllowWarp=False
AllowStealth=False

were used?

I'm curious why MQ2MMONoWelcome is on the short list of active hacks?

MQ2AdvLoot is flagged? blimey I could have sworn that some green guy said that it was safe to use so long as
[Settings]
AllowWarp=False
AllowStealth=False

were used?

That's correct, it's safe if you don't use warp and stealth.

Why not release a safe version of AdvLoot? I don't need it as I've written my own looting script for a while now. But before I did that I was a bit nerve wracked setting up AdvLoot.

I set that plugin to use our active flags. I.e., first you would have to enable active hacks in macroquest.ini, and then you would have to enable stealth/warp with advloot TWICE in a row in game (or edit the INI to put in an additional flag), or it's going to ignore any attempt to warp/stealth.

In other words, it's completely safe, you (or a mac) can't cause warp/stealth, unless you really, really mean to - because by the time you enable all that stuff, I mean come on... you know you meant to. :D

htw

I'm curious why MQ2MMONoWelcome is on the short list of active hacks?
I should really take that one off that list, it was a possibility back a couple years ago, but was a 'just in case' scenario. There's really no risk with it. I'll try to remember to update the configs so it shows as low risk.

htw

I set that plugin to use our active flags. I.e., first you would have to enable active hacks in macroquest.ini, and then you would have to enable stealth/warp with advloot TWICE in a row in game (or edit the INI to put in an additional flag), or it's going to ignore any attempt to warp/stealth.

In other words, it's completely safe, you (or a mac) can't cause warp/stealth, unless you really, really mean to - because by the time you enable all that stuff, I mean come on... you know you meant to. :D

htw

I just remember being all nervous and overly cautious when I set up AdvLoot the first time lol. I had my whole original team suspended for a week way back when they first cracked down and haven't had a blip on my record since so didn't want to ruin it.