Easy Ashengate 265 hp/mana cloak quest (with pics!)

Just as an FYI. I the warp to location of the Scale only took me to just past teh main door of the zone

I wound up using /nokos to get to the scale

Just did this late night last night, Ashengate was empty and I had to go for it :) I followed the write up and it went smooth as smilk. Thanks for posting this!

Too bad

Too bad wizards can't bind in Ashengate! Everyone could get them legally.

Thanks for the write up!

Used this last night on a cleric and a wizard, both worked great. the warp location was dead on the money for me, got the update and was out of aggro range. Thanks for the great post

Broken until 75?

This quest seems to be nerfed/bugged/ 'fixed', got 1st task with lvl 71, went back and went thru text and wouldn't give me 2nd task. Will try it again at 75

*Following day hailed the drake, quest window popped, proud owner of the cape.

Last edited:
Whats the character flag for you recieve for doing the quest?

Can't turn in final sketch.

Hi all.

I have done all steps as they were described by the OP.

It is showing the first 2 parts of this quest as having been completed in my Quest Journal / Quest History tab. I have also completed the final sketch at the same location that got my first 2 task updated in AG (at location of scale). I have the final sketch "Sketch of the Scale of Veeshan" in my inventory. I went back to crescent reach and tried to give this final sketch to Y'ssuira the Elder (the quest giver), and he gives it back to me saying "...he has no need for this.." Consequently, my current tasks windows still shows me as needing to complete the final part.

My question: If I have the final sketch, would that not be a logical indicator that I have done all the steps correctly as listed in the OP's walkthru?

Figured out myself. I was not facing DIRECTLY at the scale when I did the final sketch.

Last edited:
I had a bug with mine doing it legit (with a mage) and after the GM reset it for me, I figured out a few days later that I had lost my place (did a slew of them) and had not turned in the previous sketch before making the hi quality one.

ive done this a few times, not too bad of a reward, just keep in mind to go back to quest dude every time before you goto ashengate to get the updated quest, i thought i could do first quest and try to do the sketch needed for the second while i was their and this did not work

Phenominal.

Easy to follow, fast and easy, low risk (the only place you really have to use warp is actually in Ashengate), and the loc's are perfect.

Thanks mate.

maybe he plays a cleric for the mmo bugs forum, saw a dead post and cast rez on it. lol jk i thoroughly enjoyed tss, i loved teh quests involved the raids involved. the mobs to kill. i loved it all. with a decent tank and shaman these quests can be duoed. hell you can even get the charm aug updated to the raid guy just by agroign the dude in direwind to spawn his dust buddies with out having to do the event.

Wish some posts like this would come out for SoD.