E-Book Suggestions

Kodilynn

Master of Orion
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Reading? In this day in age? I know right?

Seriously though, anyone have any good book suggestions for E-Book reading? Cross Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind off the list, read all their stuff. Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy either in series or independant recommendations would be awesome, just grasping at straws for things to read at this point.

pillars of the earth by ken follet, i can't imagine there is a man, woman or child on this planet who wouldn't be entertained by this novel.

The Hunger Games trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and MockingJay) by Suzanne Collins was my most recent reading.

This is a perfect example of : don't judge a book by the cover. At first it looked too 'plain' to me by the covers, but was truely enjoyable reading.

Catch-22

Not a horror/sci-fi/fantasy but it is hilarious.

I thought the new one by Brandon Sanderson was pretty good - The Way of Kings

htw

Agreed.

In terms of epic fantasy, I find it hard not to recommend the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series by Stephen Erikson. They are immense in scope and insanely rich in detail. The author apparently used his world for D&D games for like 10 years, developing all of the plot lines, before deciding to turn it into a book series. That may sound crazy, but I was hooked after a chapter or two in the first book...though it took me until the second or third to last chapter in that book to have any sense of what was going on.

Another pretty epic fantasy trilogy is the "Prince of Nothing" series by R Scott Bakker. Fantastic writing.

Legacy of the Aldenata

Is a great series buy john ringo

The Osserian Saga

Buy david forbes is also very good imo

the legends of drizzt

Buy R.A Salvotre if you havent heard of it or read it was slow at first but very good

I really enjoyed George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, starting with A Game of Thrones. It's high fantasy, really well written, quite engaging. The only problem is that he's still writing the last 3 books in the series, which means once you're hooked, you'll have to wait.

It's a bit older being written in 1985, so there's a chance that you have already read it. I was in the mood for a SCIFI book, so I downloaded Ender's Game, having heard amazing things about it and it being top 10 in the Kindle SCIFI category.

House of Leaves is also very good if you want a challenge. It's by Mark Z. Danielewski. Think back to those books when you were a child where you could choose your own path, this is like that on crack. I challenge you to see the book through, it's difficult to keep up. ;)

Piers Anthony's probably better known for his Xanth series, but I liked the Incarnations of Immortality series.

The Vampire Earth series is quite good as well. Can't recall who the author is off the top of my head but google the series.

SM Stirling's Change Series (begins with Dies the Fire)

Raymond Feist's Riftwar saga (begins with Magician)

David Eddings Belgariad series (begins with Pawn of Prophesy)

LE Modesitt's Recluse series (begins with The Magic of Recluse)

Modesitt's Imager's series (begins with Imager)

Most of these are along the lines of boy of humble or normal beginnings learns he has special powers and grows into great power/ability.

Fred Saberhagen's Books of Swords and Book of Lost Swords series are pretty good too.

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series (Wizard's First Rule) is good and had a cable series

Alan Cole and Chris Bunch's Sten series (starts with Sten) is good sci fi

WEB Griffith's Brotherhood of War series (begins with The Lieutenants) is a pretty good army military series

David Morrell's Brotherhood of the Rose is decent fiction

Rick Shelley's Dirigent Mercenary Corps (begins with Officer Cadet) is pretty good sci fi

Christopher Hinz The Paratwa series (begins with Liege Killer) is good sci fi

That's about 50+ books in a variety of series you can obtain in pdf or epub format if you search for them in the net.

I have many more if you want other recommendations.

EE Knight wrote the Vampire Earth series. First book is Way of the Wolf. Pretty good series.

Robin Hobb:
The Farseer Trilogy
The Liveship Traders Tilogy
The Tawny Man Trilogy
Soldier Son Trilogy (not part of the story that the first 3 make up)

Raymond E Feist:
Magician
Silverthorn
A Darkness at Sethanon
Daughter of the Empire
Prince of the Blood
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire
The Kings Buccaneer
Shadow of a Dark Queen
Rise of a Merchant Prince
Rage of a Demon King
Shards of a Broken Crown
Krondor the Betrayal
Krondor the Assassins
Krondor Tear of the Gods
Honoured Enemy
Murder in LaMut
Talon of the Silver Hawk
Jimmy the Hand
King of Foxes
Exiles Return
Flight of the Nighthawks
Into a Dark Realm
Wrath of a Mad God
Rides a Dread Legion
Return of the Demon King
A Kingdom Besieged
A Crown Imperiled
Magicians End

SM Stirling's Change Series (begins with Dies the Fire)

Raymond Feist's Riftwar saga (begins with Magician)

David Eddings Belgariad series (begins with Pawn of Prophesy)

LE Modesitt's Recluse series (begins with The Magic of Recluse)

Modesitt's Imager's series (begins with Imager)

Most of these are along the lines of boy of humble or normal beginnings learns he has special powers and grows into great power/ability.

Fred Saberhagen's Books of Swords and Book of Lost Swords series are pretty good too.

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series (Wizard's First Rule) is good and had a cable series

Alan Cole and Chris Bunch's Sten series (starts with Sten) is good sci fi

WEB Griffith's Brotherhood of War series (begins with The Lieutenants) is a pretty good army military series

David Morrell's Brotherhood of the Rose is decent fiction

Rick Shelley's Dirigent Mercenary Corps (begins with Officer Cadet) is pretty good sci fi

Christopher Hinz The Paratwa series (begins with Liege Killer) is good sci fi

That's about 50+ books in a variety of series you can obtain in pdf or epub format if you search for them in the net.

I have many more if you want other recommendations.

I've read quite a few books over the years, but Raymond E. Feist's books remain my favorite ones. Next up are David Edding's books, although they are a little slow at times, the overall story is great. Can't recommend either of them enough.

The Sword, The Ring, and The Chalice.

By Deborah Chester..

Is my favorite book series (Trilogy).

Speaking of David Eddings I actually recommend his Elenium and Tamuli series..less popular but I thought they were much better. His fairly recent Dreamers series..not so much.

David Farlands Runelords series is pretty good too.

I also enjoyed Patricia Briggs - When Demons Walk for a lighter read.

Hunger games = Amazing.