E-Bay

Owned

Somalian Pirate
Reaction score
I purchased an A-5 Tippmann paintball marker from someone with a (0) rating. Also, the seller just opened an E-Bay account less than a month prior to putting up the auction. I got the Marker gun for 69.00 and free shipping.

The auction was for the A-5 marker, 3 -100 paintball pods, 5 pod holder belt, 18" barrel, O-rings and 20 oz. CO2. 1 mask with anti-fog fan. It was worth the risk of a new seller. If I was to get burned I have the buyer protection because he is new to not only E-bay but also PayPal.

Anyway, I sent the Money Via paypal with My CC. I send a message to seller that monies have been sent. And to please send me the tracking # or Confirmation # if sent Priority. I hear nothing from him for 11 days. So, I send E-Bay a request for his/her personal information. They send me his E-mail and Telephone #. I call him and he sounded shocked. He says he will send it all tomorrow. (Yeah, Right!!!) So I start the process via Paypal. While giving him a chance to respond, I start searching for information on him. After about a day and $4.95. I get everything I can find out about this guy. Family tree, Cellphone provider, address, SS#.

Come to find out 2 days after I get all this Info I was scheduled to take a trip to Indiana. My destination was 2 miles from this kids house.

I mapquested directions to the address and prior to getting to my destination I stopped by his residence. No one answered. It was about 1:00 pm so I assumed he was at work. Well, after attempting 3 times in the day. He answered the door and when I introduced myself. This little kid almost SHIT HIMSELF!!!! He looked to be like 12 and sounded like a girl. He stuttered and stammered for words and then said he would be right back. He handed me that marker pistol and all the items in auction.

I was thinking to myself if he wouldnt have given me the marker gun what would I have done? Prolly, nothing cause he had all my information too. I was doing it more for the shock value. The world is small and I hate that people think they can stand behind the computer screen and believe they are anonymous, and rip others off.

I was equally scared when he answered. The unknowing and I get pretty stupid really fast. My anger fuse is pretty short. I try not to confront because I am not very diplomatic. Very quick to react. I am glad it turned out the way it did. My son just went yesterday for his first paint ball battle. If only he knew.

Take it easy guys.

rofl that is funny....but aye ballsy lol suprised you did that haha

i can see why he slacked on shipping it. he's a kid, he has no sense of time or respect for business. so of course he sat on shipping you your gun. but damn kinda compulsive there. me thinks your were doing that more for the kid then the gun. isnt that right chester............lol jk

That's slightly odd. Someone under the age of 18 can't open a paypal account due to not being able to have a bank account. At least that's how the banks work in my area. Have to be 18 in order to open one and have access to the info.

That's slightly odd. Someone under the age of 18 can't open a paypal account due to not being able to have a bank account. At least that's how the banks work in my area. Have to be 18 in order to open one and have access to the info.

Depends on where you live, some banks run other services for younger people.
IE: I'm 16, I have my own bank acct, and paypal

How did you get his ss number? I didn't think you could do that just from paypal and ebay.

Well it's not exactly hard to open up your paypal account with fake credentials and your moms credit card :).

Good for you Owned...I would hope I would have the balls to do the same thing if I was in the same position.

Too many people hide behind the screen and figure no one will take them to task on things....bet the next time he sells something he will dam well ship it out as promised.

Hah modern kids with a sense of responsibility. Still murphy's law i suppose.