DuoCore crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyDaddy

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have crash to login when zoning with a duocore processor? By zoning I mean crossing zoneline or exiting/entering MM's...not /zone

The 2 main PCs I use to run EQ on are Intel 965 EE dual core 3.73 O/C to 4.x, and a Core 2 Duo (Conroe) 2.67GHz (E6700). I haven't had any issues with either, and that includes MM/inst zoning as well.

htw

Try using WinEQ.

Works great for fixing DuoCore issues for my laptop.

There is something in WinEQ2 that you have to turn off for doucore .

Picture in picture or something tha tisnt really that important.

In WinEQ options there is a switch for CPU affinity. Turn that on and it will force EQ to run on CPU Core 0. If you don't want to use WinEQ there are other CPU affinity tools out there that let you set which CPU to run any process on.

The problem is eq isnt made for duo core processors you need to download a program called Runfirst.exe. Put the .exe file in the same folder as your eq.exe. Then right mouse click the shortcut to eq on your desktop that you use to start it and click properties. Under target change it to this:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\RunFirst.exe" "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe"

The first part being where you put the Runfirst.exe and of course the second part being the eq exe.

Heres the download
http://www.activeplus.com/us/freeware/runfirst/

I see you use Intel, so this doesn't help you.

However for others that use the AMD 64 FX or X2 dual core series, you can download the official patch here.

" The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC "

Taron said:
I see you use Intel, so this doesn't help you.

However for others that use the AMD 64 FX or X2 dual core series, you can download the official patch here.

" The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC "

Thx Taron--(Actually found it before you posted but Kudos for posting)
Have zoned several times since installing this update with no crashes. Tonight I will start 2-boxing on the Duo computer to see it will zone both without a crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.